• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    He's not waiting until after sine die. It will be the same. Sorry but this sine die theory is a pipe dream that will only let people down.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    He's not waiting until after sine die. It will be the same. Sorry but this sine die theory is a pipe dream that will only let people down.

IMO, it's more of a waypoint.

I think of it more as a point at which we START looking for changes. Even with an announcement, nothing will be instant.

How long to wait?? I don't know. But, for my own mental math, I would look to June 1 as an outside date to hear something.

Nothing by then? Well... Time to start getting vocal again.

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    IMO, it's more of a waypoint.

I think of it more as a point at which we START looking for changes. Even with an announcement, nothing will be instant.

How long to wait?? I don't know. But, for my own mental math, I would look to June 1 as an outside date to hear something.

Nothing by then? Well... Time to start getting vocal again.

I'll go along with that. It is a good starting point to keep up with your reps.

srephwed

Jul 25, 2010
    harford county
    I think everyone should remember Brown talking about Hogan and his gun buddies. If Hogan does ANYTHING to help gun owners it may be at this time political suicide. Please remember this is still Mike and Michael land. Rome was not built in a day and Maryland will not be changed in one election. We must be patient. We must make sure that the last election was not a fluke and get all the folks that don't vote to vote! If I have to wait a couple of years to be able to carry so it will undo some of the evil that has been done that's ok. Patience is a virtue. Good things come to those who wait. Get out and vote in 2016.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I could give two efs about political suicide. Didn't figure it would be too long before people started settling in an being willing to wait YEARS (again).
    :rolleyes:

Dec 31, 2012
    I think everyone should remember Brown talking about Hogan and his gun buddies. If Hogan does ANYTHING to help gun owners it may be at this time political suicide. Please remember this is still Mike and Michael land. Rome was not built in a day and Maryland will not be changed in one election. We must be patient. We must make sure that the last election was not a fluke and get all the folks that don't vote to vote! If I have to wait a couple of years to be able to carry so it will undo some of the evil that has been done that's ok. Patience is a virtue. Good things come to those who wait. Get out and vote in 2016.
    If Maryland will be changed, it will be in this term.
    2nd republican governor in 50 years.
    Let that sink in.
    Hogan can be a hero or he can be an Erlich.
    and I'm not just talking about permits.

Go big before he has to go home.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Let that sink in.

This ^^^^ in spades. What makes Gov Hogan and his aides think he can maneuver the Mike and Mike show better than Ehrlich? Playing nice with the Dems is a one way street to a one term wonderland. He's stuck his hand out and been slapped in the face, time to go big or get a head start on the public speaking tour.....

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    This is Maryland. A Republican Govenor by defination IS a fluke.

Other than the day after Inugaration making a statement to the effect of " I have just seen the light ! I have just quit the Republican Party , and switched my registration to Democrat 20 min ago online .", any and everything he says or does will be rapid or slow motion political suicide.

As long as the end result will be the same no matter what grab the bull by the horns and go big. Don't suffer a humiliating reelection defeat. Anounce you only plan to serve one term , and make it your idea. It will look better for the next move than loosing reelection.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I agree with the "go big" and make an impact now approach. If its viewed as positive he might get a second term, if not, he ought to accomplish as much as he can in his 4 years.

For now, I have very good reason to understand that no change in policy has been communicated to the Licensing Division, or the rank and file currently processing applications. That is truly disappointing. There is nothing worse than someone who posesses the authority and ability to effect real positive change that sits on their hands, paralyzed by indecisiveness. As an independant, I contributed to and voted for Hogan believing he was the leader Maryland desperately needed. I am now beginning to question that decision. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I have heard all about Hogan's platform not expressly including 2A issues. Doesn't matter, he has said in public interviews that he supports the 2A and I expect him to mean what he said - wherever he said it.

No Brown wasn't an option for me in 2014, but Hogan isn't looking like an option for me in 2018. Sure, 2018 is a long way off, but I am not encouraged even though I am trying to remian optimistic.

It is clear that the Mike & Mike show in Annapolis still have our elected leaders by the balls, but that's an ongoing problem not likely to change soon. What that means is that good Bills, introduced by good representatives will go unacted upon yet again, despite overwhelming testimony in support and vitually no opposition.

Election night, swearing in ceremony, appointment date, confirmation date, swearing in date, Sine Die, June 1st, whatever and for whatever reason, I couldn't care less about the specifics.

What I care about is being able to exercise the right to defend myself and my family within the law, without having to beg the current Keepers, who have it within their power to "permit" me to exercise a fundamental right as do my fellow Americans. Hence, I have chosen July 4, 2015, to see some leadership on this issue by the new administration. If they don't have it within themselves to effect change within their power by that time, I will be convinced that they never will. The date is purely symbolic.

Last edited:

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    Let that sink in.

this term, yes... but while I always have hope something small might happen this summer, I am still thinking we're looking at the 2017 session for substantive changes in the laws

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    this term, yes... but while I always have hope something small might happen this summer, I am still thinking we're looking at the 2017 session for substantive changes in the laws

I can handle 2016, 2017 or whenever for changes to LAWS; especially with the make up of this State. That's not "moving the goal post" because the Legislature has always been the biggest obstacle and everyone knows it will have to be chipped away in small pieces over time.

However, given the Legislature's repeated refusal to act, I have far less patience for a failure to exercise executive authority and discretion that require no changes to the current laws. Especially when it would serve to restore some fundamental rights and Constitutional protections. If the new administration is inclined to do so, there is no justification for waiting years.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    I'm looking forward to Sine Die. I can't wait

I'm also looking forward to the next 378 days of pushing for what we want legislatively. Im looking forward to chairmen getting their pet bills vetoed. Im looking forward the speaker getting flack for failing to repeal the rain tax. I'm looking forward to the littke dukes and dutchesses of maryland realizing they need to cave.

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's

Based on what, exactly? What do you expect to change for 2017?

We keep saying things like "small steps" and "next year" and next to nothing gets accomplished. We can't keep leaning on the small victories of the past. They are in the past and we still have an impenetrable iron curtain in front of us that is preventing us from our ultimate victory. We're going to "next year" ourselves into another Democratic Governor and ensure that our fate is yet again sealed to the status quo.

Hogan needs to act, but my guess is that he won't. Spewing the message of "I support the second amendment" is political garbage. I WANT PROOF!

And please, lets not get into the argument of being a one-issue voter or subject. We are discussing this in a MD 2A forum so all of the other issues can take a back seat.

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    I can handle 2016, 2017 or whenever for changes to LAWS; especially with the make up of this State. That's not "moving the goal post" because the Legislature has always been the biggest obstacle and everyone knows it will have to be chipped away in small pieces over time.

However, given the Legislature's repeated refusal to act, I have far less patience for a failure to exercise executive authority and discretion that require no changes to the current laws. Especially when it would serve to restore some fundamental rights and Constitutional protections. If the new administration is inclined to do so, there is no justification for waiting years.

:party29::party29::party29:

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Avoiding political suicide is well selfish??
    Listening to your voters is well why we vote in the first place??

I could be wrong.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    I am sick of this "next session" and "waiting for the right time" crap. The time to do anything good is always NOW.

I am disgusted with spineless Representatives who do not step up and demand action and cower in fear while lowlifes like Zirkin and Vallario bury good bills.

I am fed up with this "go along to get along" ******** mentality.

"'When you go in the lion's den, you don't tippy toe in — you carry a spear, you go in screaming like a banshee, you kick whatever doors in, and say, 'Where's the SOB?' If you go in any other way you're gonna lose.'"

-Brian Billick, 1/7/01

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    I am not 100% sure about the right time to do this. After this session is done, he is going to get on the Hogan bus, and tell all of masses, how their legislator didn't respond to the repeal of the rain tax. He will hand out pamphlets, with numbers, names, etc. Then when he gets back, and the new session starts, he will lambaste them. In a way, I think he wanted this to happen. Because now he is going to show them how its done.

After that session, or the one following, is when we will see G&S. Because quite frankly, he needs at least one victory in his belt. It shows us, the people that he can get things done and is on the right track.

I will say that G&S needs to be done sooner rather than later, to let the stats show no increase (or better decrease) in crime, and .... the $$$$ in the coffers.

People have short memories. He doesn't want to be doing this in 2016 right before an new election year.

My 2 cents.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I am not 100% sure about the right time to do this. After this session is done, he is going to get on the Hogan bus, and tell all of masses, how their legislator didn't respond to the repeal of the rain tax. He will hand out pamphlets, with numbers, names, etc. Then when he gets back, and the new session starts, he will lambaste them. In a way, I think he wanted this to happen. Because now he is going to show them how its done.

After that session, or the one following, is when we will see G&S. Because quite frankly, he needs at least one victory in his belt. It shows us, the people that he can get things done and is on the right track.

I will say that G&S needs to be done sooner rather than later, to let the stats show no increase (or better decrease) in crime, and .... the $$$$ in the coffers.

People have short memories. He doesn't want to be doing this in 2016 right before an new election year.

My 2 cents.

April 14th, 2015 is the day Hogan needs to define "self-defense" is a good and substantial reason for a carry permit.

The sooner the better.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Has anyone ever considered Hogan & Pallozzi don't give a rat's ass about "shall issue" or quasi shall issue? Why is everyone considering statements "I'm Pro 2A" from a politician as synonymous to allowing people to carry in public? It is nice Hogan is in as a firewall to fend off more restrictions, but he's never stated he would change current policy, NEVER.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom