• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Picked up a suprising big folder, Benchmade 808 Loko, it just came out at Shot show, first kid on my block with one, first production run #161 of 1,000. The modified reverse tanto/sheepsfoot is probably my favorite blade design, puts the tip low and thin for great control and slicing power, made better by the broad blade and high flat grind. The handle shape is kinda pistol grip like, it puts the edge and tip even lower than normal, easy to put a ton of power into a cut. The Axis lock is flawless as usual, and the beefed up Adamas sized pivot and hardware should hold up well, bronze bushings came nice and slick, easy to flip open or closed, centering and quality are great, no play or sticking. I really like the hole instead of a thumb stud, harder to slip off of, and doesn't bind in cut material, really natural and smooth to flick with middle finger, although it works well with the thumb too, although most of the time I just pull the Axis lock and flip the blade open or closed. The pocket clip is a black painted 2 screw deep carry, although with the bright satin blade, triangular hardware, and wide standoff pillars first thing I did was take the paint off leaving a brushed surface that better matched the knife IMO, easy enough to get a factory clip if I want to return it to a factory look.

At first I thought it would be a bit too slippery lacking jimping and with smooth G10 scales, but it actually works for it's puropse. Your hand locks into the handle shape, the big finger groove keeps it from slipping forward, and the ridged scales front to back keep you from sliding up or down, the tip is low on the blade, relatively thin, and forward in a grip, so it can peirce thin material well, although it isn't well suited to stabbing with much force through tough material like a tanto or drop point. The spine and thumb shelf is similarly smooth and flat, OK for adding a little pressure or steadying the blade, but the power comes from your palm more than your thumb with this handle shape, so it isn't as missed as it could be, although being relatively smooth does make it a very comfortable knife to use compared to something like my ZTs with a ton of texture all over. It is a 4mm thick 3.7" long chunk of CPM S30V, a good all around steel that has served me well in a lot of my folders, but the drilled liners and high flat grind keep the weight at a reasonable 6.5oz and the balance is right in the finger groove. I think it's a handsome big utility folder, great for peaceful tasks and fantastic for food prep, it is built strong enough to take some rougher use, but isn't really designed to be as well suited for defense or "tactical" use as the Adamas.

20150211_193937.jpg
    20150211_221314.jpg

Last edited:

F2S

Oct 24, 2013
    ZT 0350 and benchmade auto Stryker. Have been carrying the benchmade everyday for past 8 years.

0091f9ba09e46264e44dc7e62cffa0cd.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GUNSnROTORS

nude member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 7, 2013
    hic sunt dracones
    Wife gave me a present yesterday, a Microtech D.O.C. Killswitch. Design is a Anthony Marfione/Mick Strider Collaboration.

Blade Material - ELMAX, RC Hardness - 60, Blade Thickness - .12", Blade Length - 3.75", Handle Material - T-6, Length Open - 9", Weight - 5.4 oz., Country of origin - United States.

My first ELMAX blade, keeping my fingers crossed. Super sharp out of the box. Pics attached:

Attachments

• IMAG0219.jpg
      IMAG0219.jpg
      67.7 KB · Views: 652
    • IMAG0220.jpg
      IMAG0220.jpg
      69.4 KB · Views: 663
    • IMAG0222.jpg
      IMAG0222.jpg
      29.9 KB · Views: 666
    • IMAG0223.jpg
      IMAG0223.jpg
      23.8 KB · Views: 634
    • IMAG0224.jpg
      IMAG0224.jpg
      24.3 KB · Views: 656

Cochise

Ultimate Member
    Sep 5, 2008
    Rockville
    Here are 2 of my good ones

a Galazan damascus and a Benchmade auto. Anyone know what the Benchmade might be worth?

Attachments

• Picture 599.jpg
      Picture 599.jpg
      96.2 KB · Views: 627
    • Picture 601.jpg
      Picture 601.jpg
      105.9 KB · Views: 617

Butcher

May 3, 2005
    Owings Mills
    2tHolN.jpg

Strider SNG
    I feel guilty carrying it, so it mostly stays in the safe. I keep two or three of my beater knives on me for work: ColdSteel AK47, Benchmade-Elishewitz auto Stryker, ColdSteel Recon-1 tanto, and a Gerber Applegate-Fairbairn covert auto opener

I keep all of them shave sharp with my Wicked Edge. Lemme know if any of yall need a knife sharpened to scary sharp levels :) I will work for ammo or other goodies!

navyis2

im a grown ass man
    Oct 10, 2013
    Lexington, KY
    a few of my favorites
    RMJ Shrike
    SAM_0753_zps07uyjgip.jpg

Elmer Roush hand forged bearded axe
    SAM_0759_zps6nfuofww.jpg

SAM_0758_zpsoujkzngj.jpg

Not the best knife but it was issued to me by my last command so it holds some sentimental value
    SAM_0764_zps7udwcrew.jpg

Bush Monkey/ koster knives collaboration tracker
    SAM_0746_zpshirt40ax.jpg

SAM_0749_zpslzwtqlmg.jpg

SAM_0752_zpsmw7asaf8.jpg

dyanamik blades seraph
    SAM_0760_zpsjtxe5jtp.jpg

Dynamik blades kwaiken
    SAM_0761_zpsyam0d2qx.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics