• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BaltimoreBass

Nov 13, 2008
    Baltimore
    Thurmont would definitely be cheaper ammo wise. If we do it there I can pick up a couple cases of Wally World's cheap 100rd target packs for $28 a piece. Sounds good to me. We'll just have to get the final word from PaulN for his maximum number of allowed guests.

EVERYONE - Please post and let us know your location preference.

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    about how far away is thurmont? i'm down for either location.... i would like to do thurmont b/c its probably the only time i'll get to go to a private range like that. i hope there is no guest limit:D i just want to pump some rounds with da fellas:thumbsup: now i can finally buy some cases of shells from wallyworld, they never have 00 by the case and thats all i usually shoot. can't wait!

i would love to shoot a saiga 12:innocent0

can we bring porta-stands to thurmont or is there no extra room to add some lanes.

pauln

WECSOG Alumnus
    Mar 2, 2007
    Harford Co.
    i would love to shoot a saiga 12:innocent0

can we bring porta-stands to thurmont or is there no extra room to add some lanes.

I can bring a Saiga.
    Yes, you can bring stands if you want.
    We'll be using the pistol bays. These two have divider walls and 3 others are wide open with no walls.

Attachments

• Bay%203.jpg
      Bay%203.jpg
      38.5 KB · Views: 171
    • Bay%204.jpg
      Bay%204.jpg
      36.5 KB · Views: 175

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    are pistol grips allowed;) i know how much you like them:D i only ask b/c my buddy is interested and he only has a pistol grip. i showed him my mossberg tonight and he said he'd like to shoot once from the shoulder which is cool cuz i'd like to shoot once from the hip.

btw chicks dig breachers:party29:

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    B-morebass & Pauln:thumbsup:
    thanks for stepping up and doing all this, i need a fix since the october shootout.

what do you use in the saiga, i'll be sure to bring some.:D

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Lets have a G2G. We always had them in the car forums. A great way to meet folks, help one another and just share in the love.

We need to find a place that is willing to support such an event. Give us good deals. Then we can set a date. It is getting cold really quick. So either, do it now, or plan in Spring.

BaltimoreBass

Nov 13, 2008
    Baltimore
    The Thurmont range looks great. Seems that no one has any objections so far for extra driving time. Again, I like it because I can can shoot cheaper ammo which more than makes up for the extra gas.

PaulN - Any word on the maximum guest count? What do you suggest using for targets?

pauln

WECSOG Alumnus
    Mar 2, 2007
    Harford Co.
    PaulN - Any word on the maximum guest count? What do you suggest using for targets?

I'm still waiting to hear about the guest count and checking on access to our target storage. One other possibility is another club I belong to in PA. It's about 10 miles into PA just off of I-83 near Dallastown. I'm going to check into that option also. It may be closer depending on where everyone lives.

Last edited:

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Not to be a "downer", but I also noticed the 29th is the same date as the Zombie theme shoot in PA at the Langhorne Rod and Gun Club. Again, you may lose a couple of people to this event as well. Good luck and have fun!

BaltimoreBass

Nov 13, 2008
    Baltimore
    No worries. Is there anyone that will not make 29th because of a gun event somewhere else? Seems like most of the people that checked in are good with the 29th but depending on response, we could switch to the following Saturday which is December 6th.

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    no zombie shoot for me, thurmont, elk neck, or I-83 works!
    i can only imagine the crowds at the zombie shoot

pauln

WECSOG Alumnus
    Mar 2, 2007
    Harford Co.
    If I can get an idea of how many people are going to attend, I can arrange to do it at either Thurmont or the York IWLA range in Dallastown,PA. Whichever range is closest to the majority of people attending or whichever one the majority of people would prefer to go to. If we can get a concensus on where to go, I'll make the arrangements.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I'm out of town Thanksgiving weekend, so I'll make it to the next one.

Rough_Rider

Oct 31, 2008
    Howard County, MD
    PaulN - please count me in for either\any location on the 29th. I'm in Ellicott City and don't mind driving. I will be bringing my Mossberg 590.

For what it's worth, I recently joined the Maryland Rifle Club and have access to Marriotsville AGC range. I have not been there enough yet to be comfortable showing up with a group of guests, but I wouldn't mind coordinating one of these shotgun events there in the Spring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom