• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    Ok that is awsome....you made it sound like you were gonna pull it out of the box and walk into the woods with it.
    I will not be hunting until I believe I am proficient with my bow -- I have no intention on maiming a deer. I have never owned my own bow, but I have shot bows on several occasions. Unfortunately, I just didn't have the money to spring until now.

I have the resources to shoot as much as I want at pretty much any distance that I would be presented with. I was asking because I would like to prepare in all aspects of Bow hunting. If I don't feel comfortable, then I will wait it out til firearms. Thanks.

highwayheat

highwayheat
    Jun 13, 2012
    Ceciltucky
    I'll be out soon as I can. I just scored 65 acres of farmland with crops and woods yesterday. The only cost to me is help control the population to protect the crops. Time for a bigger freezer.

shocker998md

Ultimate Member
    May 29, 2009
    Snow Hill MD
    Im chomping at the bit down here in NC to start bow hunting this year. My plan is to permethrin my leafy suit, rock some under armour under it, and bring a thermacell out to the stand with me. Hopefully that will keep the bugs and heat at bay.

I got an in to hunt right behind my house off some soybean fields. Early season on beans should be a rock solid plan down here.

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    Has anyone hunted Greenbriar?

I have been so busy I have not had time to hunt so I may just hike in setup my ground blind or sit against a tree.

Bigdtc

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 6, 2007
    South Carolina
    Opening day tomorrow!!.. Woot! Probly go out for a little bit in the morning but I will certainly go out for a while in the evening because that's when I been seeing them come onto the field. I've seen at least 2 every evening in the same spot for the last week..

Bigdtc

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 6, 2007
    South Carolina
    LOL. Not down here.. Been in the high 80's, low 90's all week. Supposed to be 91 for a high tomorrow but 68 in the early morning.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Opening day tomorrow!!.. Woot! Probly go out for a little bit in the morning but I will certainly go out for a while in the evening because that's when I been seeing them come onto the field. I've seen at least 2 every evening in the same spot for the last week..

Lucky!!!!!!!! ;) I got till 30 Aug:innocent0 Its been in the 90's lately but this week it started cooling down into the 70-80's during the day...I saw about a dozen deer out in a wheat field this evening:D

Bigdtc

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 6, 2007
    South Carolina
    Lucky!!!!!!!! ;) I got till 30 Aug:innocent0 Its been in the 90's lately but this week it started cooling down into the 70-80's during the day...I saw about a dozen deer out in a wheat field this evening:D

Yeah its still warm here but the humidity is noticeably lower.. I got some whole corn today to put out.. I really need a game can.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    i set up a ground blind on my property...hopefully and most likely will get something out of it...theres a good mix of Doe's and nice bucks that I wouldnt pass up if either came into range first...lol we only get one tag OTC for deer here, the rest are drawing or pay extra ($199) for a second tag. So Im not going to be picky to put meat in the freezer.:D

Bigdtc

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 6, 2007
    South Carolina
    i set up a ground blind on my property...hopefully and most likely will get something out of it...theres a good mix of Doe's and nice bucks that I wouldnt pass up if either came into range first...lol we only get one tag OTC for deer here, the rest are drawing or pay extra ($199) for a second tag. So Im not going to be picky to put meat in the freezer.:D

WOW!.. Our basic license is $12.00 and with a $6.00 "big game permit" you can shoot buck or doe on certain days..( looks like Saturdays from mid - Oct through Jan...) Or you can get up to 4 doe permits for $5 each and hunt them whenever you want. Turkey tags are free and you can get up to 5. Our fishing licenses are $10.00 each for salt and fresh water fishing and they also offer combo licenses as well..

HogCommander

Aug 10, 2013
    Texas Hill Country
    Got access to private land this year so took my 14 yr old scouting today. Found a spot that looks promising so we put out some corn and a mineral lick plus a trail cam. Looking forward to checking the camera next weekend!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom