"Sensitive" places restrictions on wear and carry currently that should not be.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    If the MGA doesn’t go bat shite crazy and add more places I don’t see a lawsuit except maybe over state parks

But I could be wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    When is MSI going to sue the state over the parks thing? I would assume if we can get it knocked down at the state level we can be safe to carry at county parks that ban it.

Does anyone know for a fact anyone is looking or actively attempting to sue the state over it.
    I will be posting a plaintiff call thread tonight regarding this exact topic. Once kiddo here gives me 10 minutes to sit and type coherentlyn

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    When is MSI going to sue the state over the parks thing? I would assume if we can get it knocked down at the state level we can be safe to carry at county parks that ban it.

Does anyone know for a fact anyone is looking or actively attempting to sue the state over it.
    When I get a chance to come up for air. Really busy right now. And it isn’t something I can just knock out in a day. It has to be done right

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    When I get a chance to come up for air. Really busy right now. And it isn’t something I can just knock out in a day. It has to be done right
    Maryland Shall Issue (MSI) is working to get a lot of things done since Bruen has been a major change in the underlying law.

The least anyone reading this can do is Support MSI by becoming a member and by Donating to the MSI litigation fund :

Link to MSI membership page :

Link to MSI Litigation Fund :

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    We'll be fighting off efforts to expand Prohibited Places long before we could roll existing Places back .
    Probably a good idea to get a law suit started before the MGA plays their silly games because the sooner it is started the sooner the restriction ultimately gets thrown out which would likely take some of the MGA's yet to be passed restrictions with it. Preemptive strike.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Maybe one of the representatives from Western MD, Garrett Co. can introduce a bill to undo the State Park/State Forrest nonsense. Next time anyone goes to Deep Creek Lake you might as well not carry if you're worried about this. You can be driving along any number of the roads and be in and out of the State Park. Want to go to the Rifle Range, you're in and out of State Parks and State Forrests. Even up around Frostburg, Several roads cross in and out of Dan's Mountain State Park.

safegunners

Aug 21, 2016
    Smithsburg MD
    In NYSRPA vs Bruen the court stated that in order to qualify a “sensitive place” it needs to be analogous to those found historically such as legislative assemblies, polling places, and courthouses.

Taking this into account many of the places that prohibit firearms by either Maryland code or COMAR do not meet this “sensitive place” burden. We as the people of Maryland must challenge these laws to change them.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    If the MGA doesn’t go bat shite crazy and add more places I don’t see a lawsuit except maybe over state parks

But I could be wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Insofar as they represent the majority of the state voters, bat shite crazy would be the MD GA default setting.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD

Help me help us

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Are you a member of MSI?

That’s exactly what they are doing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Heck , I'll be cynical for a moment , generous donations to the MSI Litigation Fund ?

MSI already has half dozen or so active cases , with varying degrees of foot the bill vs other supporting. Orgs .

I'm not a lawyer , or an accounts receivable clerk . But several years ago heard rough rules of thumb of taking a significant case thru District Court level was in neighborhood of $50K . For an org to jump in with multiple simultaneous serious suits , the legal fund would need 6 figure annual thru put .

Failing that , any advocacy org would need to be tactical in picking cases , and strategic in the sequence of cascading Presecidents ..l

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Absent starting a new thread, I guess this is a good place to post some good press...

Baltimore columnist accidentally makes a case for concealed carry
    ...Maryland is one of a handful of “may issue’ states that, thanks to the Supreme Court’s decision in NYSRPA v. Bruen, are grappling with moving to a “shall issue’ system that, in theory anyway, should make it much easier for responsible gun owners to exercise their right to carry. Rodrick bemoans this current state of affairs by pointing to a recent report from the Bloomberg-funded anti-gunners at Johns Hopkins that purported to find states that relaxed their concealed carry laws saw a rise in violent crime; a finding not borne out by other studies that have found “no statistically significant association between the liberalization of state level firearm carry legislation over the last 30 years and the rates of homicides or other violent crime.” Rodrick didn’t bother to mention the study that contradicts the Johns Hopkins report, and why would he? He’s convinced that concealed carry is a terrible idea...

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Don't forget that there are other States in the 4th Circuit that could be working on cases that would effect Maryland.
    Not gonna happen, because none of the other states in 4CA have anti-2A governments passing infringing laws that require judicial challenge. Well, okay, maybe VA did pass a few under the previous GOV. But most of that damage has been undone.

Maryland's on its own in 4CA with its infringements.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Heck , I'll be cynical for a moment , generous donations to the MSI Litigation Fund ?

MSI already has half dozen or so active cases , with varying degrees of foot the bill vs other supporting. Orgs .

I'm not a lawyer , or an accounts receivable clerk . But several years ago heard rough rules of thumb of taking a significant case thru District Court level was in neighborhood of $50K . For an org to jump in with multiple simultaneous serious suits , the legal fund would need 6 figure annual thru put .

Failing that , any advocacy org would need to be tactical in picking cases , and strategic in the sequence of cascading Presecidents ..l
    I'm not sure about that because, when I was in law school 38 years ago I clerked in a law firm and was told, back then, that a good DUI defense cost $10,000. That's a simple case in county court, nearly four decades ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom