• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Is there a shop where one could come take a look at the collection? The Luger really has me tempted as I'm just getting into the collector side of things and unfortunately didn't know what I had access to until my grandfather sold off his bringback at a pawnshop long ago. Would love to peek over it. I see So. MD in your sig and I work in Prince Frederick.

I am more then happy to meet you so you can look it over. These firearms are not being kept at a shop but consigning them to a shop has been discussed with the widow. She's not ready to make that step yet.

Jul 1, 2012
    Consignment is double-edged sword, big drawback (to me anyway) would be all the unwashed masses fingering them. Some of that stuff is fairly delicate.
    Other option would be to get one of the internet dealers to sell for you on consignment... a lot less labor and worry, over and done with and maybe worth it in the long run.

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    I am more then happy to meet you so you can look it over. These firearms are not being kept at a shop but consigning them to a shop has been discussed with the widow. She's not ready to make that step yet.

I'm also interested, but would like to see it first. I would be willing to travel from Howard County if you could come up with a time and place.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    ... big drawback (to me anyway) would be all the unwashed masses fingering them.

I've watched what was once a rather nice "leftie" hunting rifle go down in value from people banging it around taking it out of the rack and looking at it. It's a consignment piece at a shop I know, and it was about $175 overpriced to begin with. Now it's about $275 overpriced.

I'd also like to see an updated list.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    His collection focused on military handguns. There is a Russian 91/30 sniper. I am not sure of the validity of it being original.

Sorry I missed this the first time. If you need any help with validating the sniper, let me know. Now that you sold the Tok to Combloc, I can make another visit and not leave penniless ;)

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Rifle #12 US Springfield 1903

Rifle #12 US Springfield 1903 For Sale $800 OBO, price has been reduced!

• This Rifle's receiver was produced in 1918 at Springfield Armory. S/N 89XXXX
    • The barrel has been replaced with a Sedgley USMC marked barrel. I am told that this was a replacement barrel ordered by the USMC to rebuild the rifles but they never saw war time use and were only installed after WWII. The barrel is marked with a Circle S and dated 12-43.
    • The stock is a C type without finger groves.
    • The finish on this rifle is worn and the chamber end of the barrel appears to be in the white.
    • The bore is bright with strong rifling as you would expect from a new barrel.

Please feel free to make a Reasonable offer, it will be considered. LOW BALL offers will be ignored. If you see something that would change the price of this rifle please let me know.

Last edited:

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    #48 Ithaca U.S. 1911 45 ACP

#48 For Sale Ithaca U.S. 1911 45 ACP $1700 OBO PRICED HAS BEEN REDUCED!

This 1911 was manufactured in 1917 and comes with a Colt factory letter showing that it was shipped to Springfield Armory on July 28, 1917. The slide is clearly marked Ithaca Gun Company Inc. Ithaca, N.Y.

• There is a RIA stamp on the right hand side of the receiver just above the trigger but below the S/N 17XXXX.
    • The overall finish of this pistol is excellent with about 85% of the parkarizing remaining.
    • The bore is bright with strong rifling.
    • The grips are in very good condition.
    • Comes with one 7 round magazine.

Please feel free to ask questions and share information about this pistol. I will accept reasonable offers but LOW BALL offers will be ignored. If the price is out of line and I can be shown why I will lower the price. Remember that I do not make any money from the sale of this collection and I am trying to get fair prices for the widow of a decorated Vietnam Veteran.

Transfers of all handguns will go through an FFL. Shipping and transfer fees will be paid by the buyer.

Last edited:

reverendbeer

Stiff Member
    Nov 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel Province, DPRM
    #48 For Sale Ithaca U.S. 1911 45 ACP $2400 OBO

This 1911 was manufactured in 1917 and comes with a Colt factory letter showing that it was shipped to Springfield Armory on July 28, 1917. The slide is clearly marked Ithaca Gun Company Inc. Ithaca, N.Y.

• There is a RIA stamp on the right hand side of the receiver just above the trigger but below the S/N 17XXXX.
    • The overall finish of this pistol is excellent with about 85% of the parkarizing remaining.

Please feel free to ask questions and share information about this pistol. I will accept reasonable offers but LOW BALL offers will be ignored. If the price is out of line and I can be shown why I will lower the price. Remember that I do not make any money from the sale of this collection and I am trying to get fair prices for the widow of a decorated Vietnam Veteran.

Transfers of all handguns will go through an FFL. Shipping and transfer fees will be paid by the buyer.

1849109365_569a41f236_z.jpg

tylerevans42

May 31, 2015
    Those 03's and that Ithaca are beautiful. What I wouldn't give to have some extra cash right now. Very beautiful collection.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    #48 For Sale COLT U.S. 1911 45 ACP $1700 OBO PRICED HAS BEEN REDUCED!

This 1911 was manufactured in 1917 and comes with a Colt factory letter showing that it was shipped to Springfield Armory on July 28, 1917. Some time in it's life it was sent to Rock Island Armory for refurbishment. At this time the Ithaca slide was fit to the Colt frame. The slide is clearly marked Ithaca Gun Company Inc. Ithaca, N.Y.

The price of this item has been reduced due to information provided by a member of MDS. Thank you for the information.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Rifle #13 Remington 03A3 is SOLD PENDING FUNDS.

I have no interest unless it's a '42 Tula. I have all of the other years ;)
    I just wanted to help him out by letting him know if it was real and how to price it. Have at it, my friend :thumbsup:

Plus, I already cleaned him out of the Combloc stuff I was interested in - other than the TT. The owner originally wanted too much for it IMO and it was out of my collecting focus, so I passed-though I REALLY want a wartime example with no safety some day. Glad to see it went to a good home!!

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    And if she's real and you don't buy it I'd make an offer for sure. :thumbsup:

I think you quoted the wrong post. Having 6pack's post quoted makes more sense.:innocent0

I have no interest unless it's a '42 Tula. I have all of the other years ;)
    I just wanted to help him out by letting him know if it was real and how to price it. Have at it, my friend :thumbsup:

Plus, I already cleaned him out of the Combloc stuff I was interested in - other than the TT. The owner originally wanted too much for it IMO and it was out of my collecting focus, so I passed-though I REALLY want a wartime example with no safety some day. Glad to see it went to a good home!!

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    The price of this item has been reduced due to information provided by a member of MDS. Thank you for the information.

Perrin, I hope that MDS member indicated what all was wrong with that Ithaca 1911; first of all Ithaca didn't make 1911's, they made 1911-A1's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom