• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Mdeng, it was very nice meeting you today. You are an excellent man to do business with!

Thank you it was good to meet you as well. I am glad that you liked the pistol.

I found a gun in the shop that I considered buying but was reminded by the wife about other obligations. No gun for me.

gabe72

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2012
    sharpsburg
    WhAt other forum are these crossposted on that might show the list? If i read correctly the original list wasnt being used since most had been sold.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I love the P38, but tell me he had some snipers in that collection!

His collection focused on military handguns. There is a Russian 91/30 sniper. I am not sure of the validity of it being original.

WhAt other forum are these crossposted on that might show the list? If i read correctly the original list wasnt being used since most had been sold.

No list at this time. I am working through the collection one item at a time. I will post each item here as I get to them. The list was offered and many items sold. It got to be to much work to keep up with updating it here.

Sorry but I work two jobs and this isn't a business venture. I'm not even covering my expenses. I am doing this because a veteran asked me for help. I never served so this is my way of saying thanks to him for his service and sacrifice.

Jul 1, 2012
    No list at this time. I am working through the collection one item at a time. I will post each item here as I get to them. The list was offered and many items sold. It got to be to much work to keep up with updating it here.

Sorry but I work two jobs and this isn't a business venture. I'm not even covering my expenses. I am doing this because a veteran asked me for help. I never served so this is my way of saying thanks to him for his service and sacrifice.

My hat's off to you !

For those that don't realize and/or haven't dealt with something like this before, managing the sale of a large collection like this (or even a small one) takes a tremendous amount of time and effort...
    from cataloging & doing pics, to answering all the questions, to dealing with payments, FFL's, shipping, etc. - as well as weeding out the tire-kickers.

It really could be a full-time job in and of itself!

So my advice to those watching this thread in eager anticipation is to "just be patient, grasshopper"
    and don't bug him 'til things pop up here for sale :innocent0

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Same here ... in spades! I just hope someone like you is around when I kick off, to help my wife from being ripped off.

Do you have an inventory to help her? If not you should. Make it as detailed as possible.

You know we live in the same county. We should get together at the range some time.

Anymore like the 38 S&W 4" that sold? Also interested in any Colts or Barettas. Thanks

Msg USARET
    NRA member
    VFW/AL member
    Md Designated Collector
    Md Registered Voter

None quite like the Hong Kong Model 10. There are several Military surplus revolvers. S&W, Colt and Enfield to name a few.

Please subscribe to this thread so you don't miss anything.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Do you have an inventory to help her? If not you should. Make it as detailed as possible.

Yes ... and no. I have an inventory, but not one that's got nearly the level of detail that I'd want to have available. My oldest son has said that he's going to learn the collection better, so that he can help out when the time comes, but I need to get off my butt and make a detailed inventory.

You know we live in the same county. We should get together at the range some time.

I'm on the free side of the river. My family was literally in Chuck County before it became Chuck County, but I decided not to live in MD. My house is about 1/2 mile from the county line, but there's an expensive toll bridge between us.

I would like to get together, though. I could take you to our club over here, if you'd like, or we could get together for a bite to eat, or something, on the ChasCO side.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Yes ... and no. I have an inventory, but not one that's got nearly the level of detail that I'd want to have available. My oldest son has said that he's going to learn the collection better, so that he can help out when the time comes, but I need to get off my butt and make a detailed inventory.

This is good advice. I have serial no's written down in a couple of places that only I know about. I need to get off my butt too.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Hey look what I bumped into......

I will be deleting anything that has sold so there is no confusion and I will be adding a few items this weekend.

Thank you to everyone that has given new homes to these strays. It would make Wayne happy to know they are being enjoyed.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I really need to avoid this thread. Someone, please buy that Luger.

The Luger is still available and the price has been lowered from the original asking price.

I also want to point out that there are several 1911's, Liberty revolvers (Colt and S&W-38 and 45), S&W M&P Revolvers and Lots of German Mil-Surp handguns.

I am still opening some things for the first time and I have been working with this collection for more then 2 years!

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Is there a shop where one could come take a look at the collection? The Luger really has me tempted as I'm just getting into the collector side of things and unfortunately didn't know what I had access to until my grandfather sold off his bringback at a pawnshop long ago. Would love to peek over it. I see So. MD in your sig and I work in Prince Frederick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom