• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jmorrismetal

Sep 27, 2014
    I prefer the old ones to my 2012 I have now, they are big enough now the V6 just doesn't quite do it.

Being a gun forum I'll share an over head rack I built for my '05, uses the holes where the soft top door jam bolts to.

jeepm.jpg

Up and out of the way.
    DSC02228.jpg

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    To be honest, I'm quite surprised by this comment. I thought the 280hp 3.6 would be more than adequate :shrug:

Did you see what was in the background? Of course a V6 aint gonna do it when compared to a Shelby Corba (427 kit car, I assume) and a Blown V8 HotRod (Tudor Coupe?)

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Did you see what was in the background? Of course a V6 aint gonna do it when compared to a Shelby Corba (427 kit car, I assume) and a Blown V8 HotRod (Tudor Coupe?)

Lmao, good pickup. Still though, that v6 is respectable for what it's meant to do. The garage queens there serve a totally different purpose.

Jmorrismetal

Sep 27, 2014
    That's neat, your idea or did you borrow it from somewhere?

I had seen overhead racks before but I suppose that one was my idea. When I replaced the soft top with the hard top I immediately knew what I was going to use the holes for.

The mounts are ATV style that I removed from my 3 gun cart when not in use.

3gc.jpg

Jmorrismetal

Sep 27, 2014
    To be honest, I'm quite surprised by this comment. I thought the 280hp 3.6 would be more than adequate :shrug:

The problem I have is likely compounded by the fact my wife always wanted to put a lift kit and large tires on our older jeeps and I resisted enough that she bought the new one already lifted with 35" diameter tires on it.

A seemingly dismal power plant and less than ideal ride and drive are likely the result.

Looks cool though...

Jmorrismetal

Sep 27, 2014
    diameter-circle.gif

Or were you just trying to get me to use the metric system?

Back in "the good old days" we didn't nee to involve millimeters and aspect ratios. Just needed diameter and tread width not as many different rim diameters either back then.

That reminds me, I wonder who decided to use metric for tread and inch for wheels, I bet it was the same guy that had Ford start using both SAE and metric fasteners on its trucks back in the '80's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom