• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Thanks (and to teratos, as well). My concern is that the CCS - like the Troy PDW stock kit - has a shorter stock, which can decrease the OAL. But one way or another I will make this all work. Much obliged for the feedback.

The CCS takes about 2.5" off the OAL. You would probably need a 12.5" or maybe a 10.5" with pinned/welded muzzle device to meet 29" min OAL

AACo

Tiny Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 11, 2015
    Westminster
    I'm not sure why people put 29.5 inches for OAL. The law specifically states less then 29 inches. Has anyone RECENTLY been disapproved for an SBR that was exactly 29 inches? Stop thinking the "just in case" scenario, the ATF either understands MD law or they don't and get it wrong. At this point they understand the 29 inch OAL minimum.

No need for 29.whatever inches.

Anyone recently approved with 29" as OAL?

schnejerator

dabbled in pacifism once
    Sep 26, 2014
    haggistucky
    Yeah, I am hoping that a Saker mount (~2.5") will get me there... makes it ~13" barrel.

Something else to chew on - the Saker mounts will only *add* 2.00" to the total length when permanently installed. This is the 5.56 flash hider on a 12.5" Bravo barrel (not perm attached), measuring inside depth from the end of the barrel to the longest of the three prongs:

flash%20hider%20depth.jpg

The .30 flash hider and muzzle brake are all right at 2.00" from the barrel for me, but since these devices index off the shoulder your mileage may vary if the threaded portion on your barrel is different...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom