• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Arikan and Hornberger pointing out that the majority is pretending to have a debate while broadly silencing the Rs and using the last minute squeeze to prevent substantial debate on amendments. Pointing out the abuse of process, since process is the Ds' main weapon (lacking, as they do, substantive or historically meaningful arguments in favor).

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    And stopping debate. I'd say I am shocked, but not shocked by the Dems. I heard there was an amendment, but I suspect it won't even be considered.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    McComas solidly pointing out that denying sufficient debate on this sweeping bill and similar behavior is a central civil rights issue going forward.

Rose (from Frederick) echoing the notion that this bill is hugely impactful and that glossing it over with minimal debate is a bad idea.

Odarlin1

Ultimate Member
    Clippinger right now is arguing that the abusers can get restraining orders against the victims and get their rights back. He is arguing what we claim all the time is the danger of red flag laws... again, I love the st
    Those bastards. The minority party must be heard. And yes this was discussed somewhat on Saturday but no chance for all amendments to be offered. The minority party waited patiently for this moment.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    McComas solidly pointing out that denying sufficient debate on this sweeping bill and similar behavior is a central civil rights issue going forward.

Rose (from Frederick) echoing the notion that this bill is hugely impactful and that glossing it over with minimal debate is a bad idea.
    But we had three hours of debate!

/sarcasm

Because for the Dems this is some minor thing. No its not.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Also, is it just me or is the speaker practically speaking with derision on the different Republican delegates speaking? Maybe I am imputing a tone when she says "the gentleman from Baltimore" etc. But it sure sounds like it to me

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Also, is it just me or is the speaker practically speaking with derision on the different Republican delegates speaking? Maybe I am imputing a tone when she says "the gentleman from Baltimore" etc. But it sure sounds like it to me
    I noticed it too.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    No, it ain't just you. Her voice is absolutely dripping with condescending, patronizing scorn. She hates these delegates, as they are the distillation of us - the people she really hates. She's aware that the Rs who are currently using their two minutes to explain their votes against this are eating up a wee bit of the time left to hash this out with the senate. She big mad.

Ap5fan

Sep 26, 2022
    Cockeysville
    So know it goes to Senate.. where they can take it as it is... or try to hash out the differences... lets hope egos get into the way.. We know Clippinger has a big one.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Senate is currently adjourned until 1700.

House just adjourned until 1700. They still have 9 Legislative days to get through in the next 8 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom