SB1 (2023) - Criminal Law - Wearing, Carrying, or Transporting Firearms - Restrictions (Gun Safety Act of 2023)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    I really hope that someone can annotate recordings with times for each of our members speaking. Would love to hear them.

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    It’s striKKKing that WaldstriKKKer only talks about his own imagination, his own feelings and his own children to justify proposing laws for 5+ million Marylanders.

Is this what a state representative does?

Rusty

Dec 3, 2015
    Frederick
    god this dude speaking for sb86 is driving me crazy

"there are appropriate ages for everything"
    so 18 is the appropriate age to forcibly draft children(thats the term he said earlier not mine) to the military, hand em machine guns, grenade launchers and high explosives to go fight and die in foreign places. but that same young man is not at the appropriate age to come home and buying a shotgun for home defense or to hunt with.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Thanks.

and they got rid of the public accommodation but added stuff that is even worse. Like a vessel are vehicle that is licensed for driving on a road.
    I think that vessel or vehicle licensed under MD DOT is in reference to needing to be registered as public transportation. Not in reference to private transportation.

*EDIT* Oh. Nope. I went and looked at Section 13 of the transport law. No, that is ALL motor vehicles required to be registered to drive on public roads. So you can't be carrying your guns in any vehicle effectively. Even your own.

My reading of the language of SB1, as newly revised said if you DO have a wear and carry permit, you can transport firearms unloaded and cased (but not wear or carry it). But if you do not have a permit, you may NOT transport firearms at all in your car or truck. Doesn't matter if they are unloaded.

Last edited:

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Thanks.

and they got rid of the public accommodation but added stuff that is even worse. Like a vessel are vehicle that is licensed for driving on a road.
    No problem...

And hold on for the committee voting session, it's gonna be a shit show.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    god this dude speaking for sb86 is driving me crazy

"there are appropriate ages for everything"
    so 18 is the appropriate age to forcibly draft children(thats the term he said earlier not mine) to the military, hand em machine guns, grenade launchers and high explosives to go fight and die in foreign places. but that same young man is not at the appropriate age to come home and buying a shotgun for home defense or to hunt with.
    Play by play over on the thread for SB86:

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    No problem...

And hold on for the committee voting session, it's gonna be a shit show.
    Any idea when that is? I know it isn't immediately following the hearing. Next week? Or unknown, they'll announce it later?

coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County
    Interesting.

May issue permit but shall revoke it.
    Screenshot_20230207-205805.png
    Screenshot_20230207-210348.png

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    It’s striKKKing that WaldstriKKKer only talks about his own imagination, his own feelings and his own children to justify proposing laws for 5+ million Marylanders.

Is this what a state representative does?

No it’s what a state tyrant does

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    My name is Squaregrouper and I believe in using progressive tactics against the progressives. I am sick and tired of our side taking the high road while they keep taking cheap shots.
    Even though I couldn't be there today, I made sure some shady shit happened on our behalf- and I will sleep well tonight.
    "A Storm Is A-Bruening"
    Redacted above, maybe we should take it to the WC or a special subsection set up so the Karen’s and their cucks can’t view it? By the way to all the Mothers who demand action, you can start off by sucking my dick….

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    I think that vessel or vehicle licensed under MD DOT is in reference to needing to be registered as public transportation. Not in reference to private transportation.

*EDIT* Oh. Nope. I went and looked at Section 13 of the transport law. No, that is ALL motor vehicles required to be registered to drive on public roads. So you can't be carrying your guns in any vehicle effectively. Even your own.

My reading of the language of SB1, as newly revised said if you DO have a wear and carry permit, you can transport firearms unloaded and cased (but not wear or carry it). But if you do not have a permit, you may NOT transport firearms at all in your car or truck. Doesn't matter if they are unloaded.
    Thats what I thought, following the NJ attempt at not allowing CCW in a car.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Thats what I thought, following the NJ attempt at not allowing CCW in a car.
    I suspect they were thinking of just banning wear and carry in a vehicle. But the language bans transport of any firearm entirely unless you have a handgun permit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom