• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Burton

Apr 2, 2013
    Edgewater, MD
    Had I not inherited one (the 2.25") I probably never would have heard of it being a Glock fan. Now this is THE best made handgun in my collection. My only criticism was the small grips, so thanks to those who made recommendations.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Anyone have one? I am currently looking at one for my next purchase, any opinions? Thanks in advance.

You have seen all the good vibes about the SP above. Don't know where you are located, but if you are still considering it, I noticed jus yesterday "The Gun Shop" had at least 2 on display. One was 2.25, one was 4.2, and both were .357. Good prices.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    You have seen all the good vibes about the SP above. Don't know where you are located, but if you are still considering it, I noticed jus yesterday "The Gun Shop" had at least 2 on display. One was 2.25, one was 4.2, and both were .357. Good prices.

Constitutional Firearms in Laurel had one in .357 Magnum w/ a 2.25" barrel as of last week. I will be going by tonight and will update.

Trekker

Oct 20, 2011
    Harford County
    I got the 4.2" SP101 1-2 years ago through Gun Connection. I find it comfortable for everything from light target .38 148gr. HBWC loads up through .38 +p+ or hot 125gr. .357 loads using H110. Based on the number of empty brass I've brought home, I would estimate ~600-750 rds. have gone through it without any difficulties encountered.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    My 8 day wait is over. I pick up my SP101 model 5720 tonight. I can't wait to put it in the safe next to my other SP101.

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    I have the 2.25" .357 SP101 and it is the most solid handgun I've ever held. I've purchased replacement springs to enhance the trigger (very cheap upgrade). Great revolver!

SuperMag

Citizen--not "Subject"
    Nov 30, 2011
    Maryland
    You can replace the stock trigger return spring with a lighter one, but leave the factory mainspring (hammer spring) in the pistol. If you put a softer mainspring in there to lighten the D/A trigger pull, you risk having light primer strikes and failures to fire. I've seen this happen with GP100s and SP101s. :thumbsup:

Stein79

Surf&Turf
    Feb 3, 2011
    Murderland
    You can replace the stock trigger return spring with a lighter one, but leave the factory mainspring (hammer spring) in the pistol. If you put a softer mainspring in there to lighten the D/A trigger pull, you risk having light primer strikes and failures to fire. I've seen this happen with GP100s and SP101s. :thumbsup:

Does ruger sell those or a 3rd party?? Anyone else with trigger work on an Sp101?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom