• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    That he threw the phone wasn't established.

Defense claimed that the light from the phone display can be seen on the floor after it was thrown. Prosecution claimed it was a reflection off a shoe. IIRC witnesses said no phone was thrown, only the shooter said it was.

I'm skeptical someone would throw their own phone at someone else during a confrontation.

I agree.

The shooter had no idea what happened. He thought he was punched. All he knew is that he was hit in the face and he glasses were knocked partially off. I didn’t see the whole video but the jury did. Seemed good enough for him.

As for being skeptical about the phone, that is how people act when they lose their cool. Having handled handled hundreds if not thousands of fight calls, I can tell you that people throwing your their own phone, especially in an argument over their phone happens all of the them.

No witness saw the gun being fired either. Doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I agree. No matter how much you think an old dude is being a busybody, there is no reason to repeatedly punch him in the face.

He wasn’t repeatedly punched in the face. He throw a popcorn container in to his face. The old dude in question claimed he also threw a cell phone at him. But that wasn’t captured on video, nor did any witness see that happen…

I agree I think it came down the responsible doubt standard on why he was acquitted.

I agree, dude who got shot over reacted. So did old dude both badgering and harassing the victim and then in shooting him. I wouldn’t have called it murder, but I’d still call it manslaughter. Not sure that the lesser charge was considered at all.

But the jury made their decision.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    He wasn’t repeatedly punched in the face. He throw a popcorn container in to his face. The old dude in question claimed he also threw a cell phone at him. But that wasn’t captured on video, nor did any witness see that happen…

I agree I think it came down the responsible doubt standard on why he was acquitted.

I agree, dude who got shot over reacted. So did old dude both badgering and harassing the victim and then in shooting him. I wouldn’t have called it murder, but I’d still call it manslaughter. Not sure that the lesser charge was considered at all.

But the jury made their decision.

'Reasonable doubt', but... yeah pretty much.

I don't know how much 'badgering and harassing' there was other than asking him to stop using the phone and the guy refused, so he reported it and the guy expoded when he returned.

Was that on video?

DeadInside

MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2022
    SOMD
    Options. The shooter had options…

******* prick messing with his phone after previews…acknowledged that is irritating. Old retired LEO confronts him and it continues so he does the right thing and makes theater staff aware. Unfortunately (apparently) theater staff do not intervene. After making the complaint (and returning to seat location) old dude could have:

A) collected his wife and moved further back in theater to 1) observe ******* to make sure situation did not escalate and 2) hopefully try to enjoy the film if the situation did not escalate.

B) eat the price of the tickets and just leave and check the movie out on another day (retired so probably would have another chance to catch the film).

Instead he opted to “stand his ground” and return to his seat where the situation escalated and he shot the ******* to death…and got away with it. Congratulations on that. Great outcome (sarcasm).

So the old fvck retired LEO killed the prick and got away with it (again congrats). And the ******* prick’s kids grow up with no dad. Acknowledged he was most probably a ******* prick but I am guessing his kids would have (maybe) been better off with their dad.

Again…options. Old dude could have moved his seat or just left but instead stayed put and ultimately killed the guy. Great outcome all around (again sarcasm) …

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    or

******* prick messing with his phone after previews…acknowledged that is irritating. Old retired LEO confronts him and it continues so he does the right thing and makes theater staff aware. Unfortunately (apparently) theater staff do not intervene. After making the complaint (and returning to seat location) old dude could have:

A) collected his wife and moved further back in theater to 1) observe ******* to make sure situation did not escalate and 2) hopefully try to enjoy the film if the situation did not escalate.

B) eat the price of the tickets and just leave and check the movie out on another day (retired so probably would have another chance to catch the film).

Instead he opted to “stand his ground” and return to his seat where the situation escalated and he shot the ******* to death…and got away with it. Congratulations on that. Great outcome (sarcasm).

So the old fvck retired LEO killed the prick and got away with it (again congrats). And the ******* prick’s kids grow up with no dad. Acknowledged he was most probably a ******* prick but I am guessing his kids would have (maybe) been better off with their dad.

Again…options. Old dude could have moved his seat or just left but instead stayed put and ultimately killed the guy. Great outcome all around (again sarcasm) …

or the ******* victim could have stopped instead of being an arrogant selfish prick. All about the me I guess. Not saying the shooting was just. Problem is that a long time ago the staff there would have kicked the ******* victim out. Now not so much.

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md

Talk about victim blaming. All that was needed for the dead guy to not be was to not attack an old man. He owns all of the responsibility here. The dead guy could have left, moved seats, stayed in his seat and not chuck a cell phone, steal the old guys popcorn and throw it at him.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    or the ******* victim could have stopped instead of being an arrogant selfish prick. All about the me I guess. Not saying the shooting was just. Problem is that a long time ago the staff there would have kicked the ******* victim out. Now not so much.

Talk about victim blaming. All that was needed for the dead guy to not be was to not attack an old man. He owns all of the responsibility here. The dead guy could have left, moved seats, stayed in his seat and not chuck a cell phone, steal the old guys popcorn and throw it at him.

^^^These.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom