• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CZ Peasy

Jun 29, 2012
    A couple things to note. Video evidence and testimony was that he asked him to stop, he didn't, defendant reported it to the theater, the deceased became angry when the defendant returned, got out of his seat, threw his cell phone, then reached over the seats and grabbed defendant popcorn and threw it at him also, deceased wife was also up trying to hold him back, which is how she was shot in the hand.

Seems justified.

Hey, you can't bring those facts and logical conclusions in here. Can't you see this is a hate and ignorance thread?

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    A couple things to note. Video evidence and testimony was that he asked him to stop, he didn't, defendant reported it to the theater, the deceased became angry when the defendant returned, got out of his seat, threw his cell phone, then reached over the seats and grabbed defendant popcorn and threw it at him also, deceased wife was also up trying to hold him back, which is how she was shot in the hand.

Seems justified.

No, No, No. This whole thing happened because the defendant was a cantankerous old fart. A grumpy old f*cker who was behind the times and couldn't mind his own business. Like a spoiled child used to getting their way, he couldn’t handle the lack of authority and his low IQ brain blew a fuse and killed somebody.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    No, No, No. This whole thing happened because the defendant was a cantankerous old fart. A grumpy old f*cker who was behind the times and couldn't mind his own business. Like a spoiled child used to getting their way, he couldn’t handle the lack of authority and his low IQ brain blew a fuse and killed somebody.

No, it happened when someone with anger issues turned a verbal disagreement into a physical confrontation. Like a spoiled child who can't stand to be reminded that he's being an inconsiderate spoiled child. He couldn't stand being told he was wrong so he blew a fuse and started a fight.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    No, it happened when someone with anger issues turned a verbal disagreement into a physical confrontation. Like a spoiled child who can't stand to be reminded that he's being an inconsiderate spoiled child. He couldn't stand being told he was wrong so he blew a fuse and started a fight.

I agree. No matter how much you think an old dude is being a busybody, there is no reason to repeatedly punch him in the face.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge

Check out some of the previous comments on this thread and you'll see where I'm coming from.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Don't get it. You are justfying assault? Because we disagree here you would be justified to pummel my face?

Lol, no. Go back a few pages and read some comments. I should have made my post from my laptop. For some reason, when I use my phone I cannot use the emojis or I would have used the sarcasm one.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Lol, no. Go back a few pages and read some comments. I should have made my post from my laptop. For some reason, when I use my phone I cannot use the emojis or I would have used the sarcasm one.

Try rotating your phone... when I switch my phone to landscape orientation the emoji panel appears on the right. When it's vertical the panel isn't there.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Inexcusable and indefensible. Absolutely no indication of a threat to life or safety.

If I were carrying and holding a bag of popcorn, and I felt it was necessary to draw my firearm (say you had a knife or looked like you were drawing a weapon), the first thing I might do is throw the popcorn in your face. If I were unarmed and about to throw a punch, I would do the same.

I have to get rid of it anyway, and it might distract you.

I'm not saying that's what happened here, but we don't know what was going through the head of the thrower or the shooter. We can't. It might have looked to him like it was just the beginning of a violent attack.

We do know who changed this from a verbal confrontation to a physical assault, and he's now deceased.

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    Inexcusable and indefensible. Absolutely no indication of a threat to life or safety.

Funny how a jury disagreed and finds it literally defensible. The 40 something year old 6foot 4 in dead guy threw his cell phone at a 71 year old guy, stole the old guys popcorn and threw it at him. The guy said he was in fear, which at that point he should be, and the dead guys wife felt the need to put her hand on his chest to push him back, probably because she had the same fear that the old guy did.

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    If I were carrying and holding a bag of popcorn, and I felt it was necessary to draw my firearm (say you had a knife or looked like you were drawing a weapon), the first thing I might do is throw the popcorn in your face. If I were unarmed and about to throw a punch, I would do the same.

I have to get rid of it anyway, and it might distract you.

I'm not saying that's what happened here, but we don't know what was going through the head of the thrower or the shooter. We can't. It might have looked to him like it was just the beginning of a violent attack.

We do know who changed this from a verbal confrontation to a physical assault, and he's now deceased.

It isn’t what happened. The deceased threw his phone at the shooter, then snatched the popcorn away from the shooter and threw it at the shooter. Regardless of who said what, this was turned physical by a larger younger guy and the physical part was completely one sided.

Rich1911

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2012
    It isn’t what happened. The deceased threw his phone at the shooter, then snatched the popcorn away from the shooter and threw it at the shooter. Regardless of who said what, this was turned physical by a larger younger guy and the physical part was completely one sided.

And I bet if the old guy hadn't been packing - he most likely would have minded his own business..

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    Wouldn't it just be easier to pass a law justifying murder of anyone who uses their cell phone in a movie theater once the lights go down?

Let's be honest here- the world is a better place without those people anyway.

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    Wouldn't it just be easier to pass a law justifying murder of anyone who uses their cell phone in a movie theater once the lights go down?

Let's be honest here- the world is a better place without those people anyway.

And rubber neckers and left lane jockeys.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    It isn’t what happened. The deceased threw his phone at the shooter, then snatched the popcorn away from the shooter and threw it at the shooter.

That he threw the phone wasn't established.

Defense claimed that the light from the phone display can be seen on the floor after it was thrown. Prosecution claimed it was a reflection off a shoe. IIRC witnesses said no phone was thrown, only the shooter said it was.

I'm skeptical someone would throw their own phone at someone else during a confrontation.

Regardless of who said what, this was turned physical by a larger younger guy and the physical part was completely one sided.

I agree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom