• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blackseven

Regular Guy
    Aug 30, 2011
    This is just a personal observation and I mean absolutely no disrespect...

With the way the posting was written, if I had received it as an email I would have (maybe snopes'd it and) deleted it. JMO

Fair enough, but since there have been a few other events recently involving similar situations in maryland, it lends credibility to her story.

I also did a few google searches on her name, she's either a very real person or a very elaborate hoax. So unless her entire story is blatantly false she sounds (to me) just like any other extremely frustrated person venting to anyone that will listen.

KingGeorge

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 30, 2013
    That's a long ass story to say you gotta leave some things out lol. But I'll see where this goes.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Did you guys read this whole jumble of nonsense?

The way I am reading it, it sounds almost like someone STOLE their guns while PRETENDING to be MSP.

There is a lot of stuff going on here that just doesn't jive with the way a legitimate (or presumed-legitimate) police operation would go down:

* "Don't call the station, just call my cellphone", and when they DO finally call the station, no record of that officer working there, no record of a firearm seizure

* "Come meet me out in front of the pawn-shop and I'll give you your guns back." Really??

* "You were locked up in a mental institution." "I was never locked in a mental institution! I haven't been locked up since juvi." "Oh...well....you were locked up in juvi, that's the ticket, yeah..."

* MSP is behind in their background checks, but not three ****** years.

* "We're going to take our guns to the police station." "NO...stay there, I'll be there in 10 minutes to get them."

* The cops aren't going to say, "If your guns are even scratched we'll pay for them!". Come on...when did Maryland State ever volunteer to pay for anything??

What I see here is a couple of people who got punked by some con-scheme taking advantage of the 2A paranoia in this state.

Caveat emptor.

Its clearly one super biased side of the story that is more opinion that what seems like facts.

Grain of salt my friend grain of salt.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county

The way I am reading it, it sounds almost like someone STOLE their guns while PRETENDING to be MSP.

There is a lot of stuff going on here that just doesn't jive with the way a legitimate (or presumed-legitimate) police operation would go down:

* "Don't call the station, just call my cellphone", and when they DO finally call the station, no record of that officer working there, no record of a firearm seizure

* "Come meet me out in front of the pawn-shop and I'll give you your guns back." Really??

* "You were locked up in a mental institution." "I was never locked in a mental institution! I haven't been locked up since juvi." "Oh...well....you were locked up in juvi, that's the ticket, yeah..."

* MSP is behind in their background checks, but not three ****** years.

* "We're going to take our guns to the police station." "NO...stay there, I'll be there in 10 minutes to get them."

* The cops aren't going to say, "If your guns are even scratched we'll pay for them!". Come on...when did Maryland State ever volunteer to pay for anything??

What I see here is a couple of people who got punked by some con-scheme taking advantage of the 2A paranoia in this state.

Caveat emptor.

If these were thieves, why would they communicate with the victims at all after they have the goods?

It has all the sounds of a con/theft and not confiscation.

Indulge me on this;

So anyone with 77Rs' during the "All Hands" weekend have been waiting for more than 7 days, likely 90+days. We know that there was a searchable database, past purchase were available for let's say a 12 to 24 months at that point, it wasn't just outstanding 77Rs'. Now instead of stealing identities with the 77R information and instead of B/E of homes for those guns, "the bad guys" just walk up as "uniformed" officers and say you need to give your gun back. Where did they get the information to do this?, perhaps from the database or a 77R with someone on their "payroll" - like with the Corrections Department recently in the news. You catch the homeowner off guard, they are unprepared, they hand the gun over under odd circumstances - no record of it ever occurring, possibly some fraudulent paperwork, there was some mention made of being behind on background checks which maybe the gun owner has heard about on the news so they feel the whole thing is legit. It would be super easy to pull this con off right now I think.

The whole story doesn’t pass a smell test or it was a con and they had their guns stolen right under their noses.

Read the original story several times, find the odd / misleading or leading statements;

• My husband placed 3 different calls to the state police that the letter came from. ( It would have only come from the MSP, if that, I doubt it would ever be Barrack specific )

• I emailed the officer on the letter ( I’d like to see the address, was it legit, or was it from trooperxxxx@yahoo.com, with some fake stationary? )

• So when I heard a knock on my door at 6:30am ( Caught them off guard, they weren't prepared to think logically )

• Told they were 3 years behind on background checks. ( Recently in the news, bait them in )

• We still did not know what that "matter" was so we said ok. ( They still went along with it, not knowing what the matter was, just turn your gun over? )

• We called the officer back because he was ever so kind enough to give us his cell phone number. We told the officer we would be coming to the state police station to turn them over. He told us NO. ( Why would he give a cell phone number and not a Barrack number and he didn’t what them going to the station? CON )

• Then things got ugly. He only would talk to us on a cell phone. We could not call the station. We figured out why that was later but it was so the conversation would have no record of taking place. No recording for how is it they say on the message, quality control purposes. His tune changed and he got nasty. No longer willing to work with us and it was all a lie. ( They either had a con job done on them or they are selling a bunch of BS )

• We called the officer that told us we were clear. Cleared in the system as well so all was a go. So we thought. The officer was no longer in so we figured we would call the other officers number. He got very nasty, told us no, we were not getting them back, then told us to NEVER CALL ME AGAIN. I was furious so I called the station he said he was from. They have no record of him working there. He is not one of their officers. I wanted to speak to his superior but they dont know who Im talking about. I told them what happened and they said they know nothing about this and that they dont have our firearms. Calling around we found the real station he is at but nobody was in to answer phones. So Im sure that is why he did not want us calling the station that he claimed to be out of. That was another reason to give us a cell phone number. So we could not go above him. Glad I did my research. So here we are, still no firearms, nothing. Attornies are calling us from all over and activist groups are helping us with this. But we need to get the word out. ( Read this several times – it is a total con job, either on the person who had the gun by some “fake” police officers or the person telling the story is trying to con people for some reason unknown at this time. )

Caveat emptor.

Sorry my post is almost identical but I was processing the whole thing in my head how you could pull this con off and didn't see you posted, but as you'll see I'm in total agreement. This would be easy to pull off on, unfortunately, a large number of people.

I'm wondering now if the other confiscations we are hearing about is the same scam being run.

If these were thieves, why would they communicate with the victims at all after they have the goods?

I actually had the dumb ass who stole my Honda Accords almost 20 years ago in Owings Mills answer my old car phone and talk to me. Those old hardwired car phones with the spiral antennas. He basically said he stole it when I called, I had insurance so don't worry about it that the insurance co would get me a new car, and tough luck.

There are plenty of reasons;

Even if it was a scam/con, it doesn't mean they the cons are smart. There are "smart" crimes and "smart" criminals, but at the heart of all of that lives the heart of stupidity.

It would have been a burner and maybe the con was using the number for additional cons or the same con with different people.

The con wanted to have time to get away and by answering the call, they bought additional time and kept the "victim" homeowner off guard and confused. Confusion was key in this whole story; how it was told and what went on.

The con just wanted to piss the homeowner off.

mds5569

Jan 13, 2010
    Hagerstown
    Verifiable proof, or it didn't happen.....
    There are way too many "I heard it from my uncles neighbor, who saw it on Facebook..." stories floating around....

There is more (or less) to this story that what has been disclosed....

730dc

Mar 11, 2013
    anyone have a issues taken to court related to firearms? just curious if anyone has a pro gun lawyers .

if you have post their office / names so we can have something just in case

probably wouldn't be a bad idea to have a lawyer that is a big firearm / 2nd amendment supporter saved to dial in a emergency like this to call and pay what ever it take to have someone else present so they dont walk all over your right and take advantage of us.

G O B

Ultimate Member
    Nov 17, 2007
    Cen TX
    When people knock on your door demanding entry, NO WARRANT NO ACCESS.
    Even lf the appear to be police CALL 911. "There are armed people at my door CLAIMING to be Cops, and I AM IN FEAR OF MY SAFETY!"
    This will insure that there is a verifiable record of the incident.

Don H

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Hazzard County
    It has all the sounds of a con/theft and not confiscation.

I was furious so I called the station he said he was from. They have no record of him working there. He is not one of their officers. I wanted to speak to his superior but they dont know who Im talking about. I told them what happened and they said they know nothing about this and that they dont have our firearms.

I'm wondering why when she called the "real" MSP they didn't want to take a report and start an investigation on stolen firearms?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom