• ...and so much more!
  • StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    4a5e9a016176893d7d69e2371e31f92c_zps74486326.jpg

santini1228

Jan 24, 2013
    hmmmm

I can buy some firearms unit came to her house and confiscated weapons. That part is totally plausible, but the reasoning and process is a jumble of half truths misrepresentation and ignorance I'm guessing. You can't fix crazy or stupid. If her husband was eep'd his weapons could be legally confiscated or if he was involved in a domestic violence case. Who knows but reading her mess of a narrative you can place no credibility in any of it. The Irish have a word for this, its malarkey.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Hey anybody think this could happen with out a paper tail..
    Like a police report. Anyone know how to look at public records and see if anything this noisy happened...

I am new at this... but there must be a away to verify some of it...

gmkoh

Feb 26, 2013
    Annapolis
    Almost sounds like a bunch of criminals pretending to be LEO. They just made it seem legit then stole all of their firearms..... Not sure what to say about this.

I had similar thoughts- maybe not a bunch of criminals, but rogue cops- ala the PG (or was it Howard county?) cop who sold confiscated weapons to criminals, one of which was used to shoot another cop.
    She never made it clear as to whether anyone at MSP offically has confirmed they have or even took them.

As to a paper trail- didn't she write that the police gave her a receipt? And there are phone records- calls to and from the cop's cell phone, calls from the MSP. Maybe they don't show substance, but would show that some sort of dialog was going on.

The whole thing does sound a bit strange.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    We have had instances where people were being denied and ordered to surrender their arms for very similar circumstances.

Which is what I am thinking is going on in this story.

Some husbands do not tell their wives what they buy, for one reason or another...

xdwaiter

Prodigy
    Feb 9, 2013
    hagerstown
    Perhaps maybe the husband has a bad history he never told her about assault charges ex parte orders mental illnesses that he got medicine for and is normal as long as he takes them but still has an underlying issue

Until someone case searches this or msp acknowledges this I have no choice but to declare shenanigans.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    This is a valid question, why no answer ?

My answer would be a Big NO !

In all the confusion anything looking even minutely official would make someone's judgment falter.

Anyone have a copy of a real warrant or instructions on what to look for ?

If you are ever in doubt with a potential fake LEO encounter call 911 and ask them to verify.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011

In all the confusion anything looking even minutely official would make someone's judgment falter.

I do but i dont know how to blank out the names on an iPad. I have one on my lap currently its two pieces of paper. One with an offense narrative and biographical info on suspects and page two is the code of the offense, description of offense, and my/judge signature......they are different with every jurisdiction.

I should also mention they are both notorized with the DC seal.

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    Sorry to be so harsh, but that lady and her husband are either stupid as hell, or this story is fake.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    What everyone is failing to understand: there is no aptitude test to exercise a fundemental civil right!

One should not have to be a rocket scientist to purchase a firearm.

:toothless

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.

Excellent point. I will look into this

However SD I understand it:
    1. You must be served with a copy. If you need to ask for it that would be a yellow flag for me.
    2. Expect some kind of raised seal of the court. Again yellow flag..

Neither of these is dispositive but it would get me thinking.

Should give this more thought...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JBIRD EST.1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom