• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    You can't get a socket on the nut that holds each ring to the rail and just remove it all as one piece?

This or now is your justification for an after market trigger. Your time and absence of your rifle is worth something, right?

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    You can't get a socket on the nut that holds each ring to the rail and just remove it all as one piece?

Sure, but nothing ever gets torqued back again the way it was. It will be close, but I don't want close. Not sending Remington all of my Leupold Mk4 goodness. Everything is coming off.:D

I'll just remount the picatinny rail and lap the rings again. It's a pain and will ease my OCD to know I did it right. :o

I wonder if I can get them to remove the rockset from the threads, from when I pulled off the AAC brake, instead of a 40% discount from their store?

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    if you use a halfway decent torque wrench it'll be fine.

that you're not using a Defiance, Nesika, or BAT action proves it's not a benchrest rifle....calm down and take the rings/scope off as one unit. i promise you, everything will be okay.

sheesh.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Looks like I have to send mine back. Thank goodness. I opened the cabinet to check it last night, and it shot at me. Fortunately my lightning fast reflexes kicked in and I caught the bullet in my teeth, but it was close. Hopefully they adjust this rifle's attitude problem. It's still bitter I sold it's cousin, the 870 for a Mossy 500.

jaycee2004

Apr 17, 2009
    Cambridge
    To bring this thread back to life, I have been waiting for over 4 weeks now for them to send me the box and labels to send my gun out. Just made another request tonight to have a box sent out.

Duck

Apr 11, 2012
    Baltimore
    I sent 2 out that were received on 4/25. There has been no update on repairs. Call REM. they have them but no info on status other than "Rack 1". Hope they get moving on them.

Sirex