Relocating to NC, handgun purchase, and what a difference a state makes….

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    Yes sir ...in the next state down SC...what a difference, lived in MD most of my life, almost a year in SC permanently now. Was a shocker to me, on my first handgun purxhase in SC, SC license, online application, "approved" paid and out the door..."CWP" is what they all ask "Do you have a CWP?" My local Hardware store has a FFL ( how convenient )...and can have things "shipped" to our address, now I just smile when I read the shipping "restrictions",and remember I'm no longer in MD..bout the only thing I miss is the seafood...and some of the restaurants. Nothing else...

-Rock

Last edited:
    Yes sir ...in the next state down SC...what a difference, lived in MD most of my life, almost a year in SC permanently now. Was a shocker to me, on my first handgun purxhase in SC, SC license, online application, "approved" paid and out the door..."CWP" is what they all ask "Do you have a CWP?" My local Hardware store has a FFL ( how convenient )...and can have things "shipped" to our address, now I just smile when I read the shipping "restrictions",and remember I'm no longer in MD..bout the only thing I miss is the seafood...and some of the restaurants. Nothing else...

-Rock
    Funny about the seafood. I miss that too, and no matter who advertises it as ”Maryland Style”, well, it just isn’t. I can adjust and get my fix on those occasional trips north though. After all I moved, the seafood didn’t. Now, if those transplanted New Yorkers would just shut up and quit complaining because “it’s not real New York style pizza…..” Geez! I have some former colleagues in the Myrtle Beach area. I’m not yet decided if I’m gonna stay put here (near Raleigh) or settle at the beach, but in any case, it all beats the People’s Republic!

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Made me look to confirm the first post . Yes , you're right .... now about walking in , and walking out with a pistol . But that's a recent development .

Until March 2023, the In-between step would have been - go to the Courthouse , and apply for a Pistol Purchase Permit from the Sheriff.

In Catawba County you could walk in , and walk out with a PPP in 10 minutes, but some of the Urban / Liberal jurisdictions would drag their feet out of spite .

Made me look to confirm the first post . Yes , you're right .... now about walking in , and walking out with a pistol . But that's a recent development .

Until March 2023, the In-between step would have been - go to the Courthouse , and apply for a Pistol Purchase Permit from the Sheriff.

In Catawba County you could walk in , and walk out with a PPP in 10 minutes, but some of the Urban / Liberal jurisdictions would drag their feet out of spite .
    Yes, I heard about those magical pieces of paper that somehow stopped criminals from doing ‘criminal things’ - except they didn’t of course. Not anymore than Maryland’s HQL. Has anyone arrested for a bad deed with a firearm in Maryland been in possession of an HQL at their time of arrest? Me thinks not…

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom