• I do not own either

Votes: 18 4.5%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

rmiddle

Ultimate Member
    Sep 8, 2012
    Cleveland, TN
    In the current decision, the judge (paraphrasing) stated that ARs and AKs are not commly owned for lawful [defensive] purposes.

Putting aside her presupposition that only criminals would have them, I ask the membership to state whether their ARs and/or AKs are considereed part of your home defense arrangement.

For clarification...

Don't think only in terms of "intruder". Home Defense should be considered in more general application, too. OK, maybe not walking the back 40, but think about your immediate property, too.

I own an AR but my Tavor is part of my Home Defense plan. But then again my Tavor because of it size was made illegal also yes I know they are now making a longer version but that makes it less usefiul for home defense.

Thanks
    Robert

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    No ARs or AKs here.
    Although I lost them all in the Bay, I would have M1 Carbines and M1 Garands and a plethora of shotguns (a few pistols too).
    I store wine and cigars in my gun safes now.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2012/dec/17/how-many-ar15-rifles-sold
    Looks like "common use" to me! I do not think the left wing Progressives really understand 'dangerous and unusual'.

I think that if you stop thinking logically and start feeling your emotions, you'll get with the program.

In all seriousness the term "common use", with respect to guns, for a leftist (especially a judicial leftist), means that no one she knows owns one. Ergo, it's "unusual".

Here's a different example that makes the same point: George Bush, Jr., was elected to two terms as President. But, if you're a liberal, this couldn't possibly have happened because you don't know anyone who voted for him.
    See? It's really very simple when you put your blinders on, affix your gaze on John Stewart, take your anti-depressant and hum really really loud until it's time to release your grip on hubby's balls (while he sleeps).

Oh, let's not forget why "assault weapons" are dangerous: If an AR-15 was dropped from, say, 18,000 feet above the ground onto a baby, the baby would be injured or killed. Therefore, AR-15s are dangerous.
    See how incredibly simple the world is when you're a liberal?

Now, go forth and sin no more.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I wonder what would happen to the results of the poll if instead of specifically naming ARs and AKs, if you asked how many have a semiautomatic rifle. Nothing about defense and nothing about specific models...just the class of firearm itself. I'd think that semiautomatic rifles are in extremely common use for everything from target shooting, hunting, defense, a check to tyranny, and just to collect for giggles. It's easy to go from there to identifying the banned rifles as belonging to this class of firearm, with only cosmetic differences but nothing really functionally different.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Interesting premise... but in order to make THIS poll a legitimate subset of that group, I think it would have to include any semi with the capability to accept magazine in excess of 10 rounds.

:thumbsup:

Mule

Just Mule
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2013
    Over at Breach Bang Clear, David Reeder shared his opinion on the use of a longarm for home defense, and got eleven subject matter experts (SMEs) to weigh in on the topic.

One of the points made was that, when fully extended, the muzzle of a handgun is in approximately the same spot where a carbine's muzzle would be.

(Which makes sense, but wasn't something that I had consciously realized)

El Patron Grande

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    El Patron Grande says:

I'm afraid that I'm unable to answer the poll......

boat-accident.jpg

El Patron Grande learned that his firearms do not need to go out for some fresh sea air!

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    I feel for you who have lost guns in boating accidents. I see 5-6 a day here in HDG, boats that have tipped over by the excitement of seeing a river otter, or crashed into a piling due to distracting osprey nests. Every boat owned by an avid gun collector who stored their guns in giant onboard safes. These accidents always happen upstream a little where the river is 50+ feet deep and full of rocks. Though I hear the depth seems to be less every year. You never hear about these due to DNR "sweeping them under the Hatem Bridge", and toll fee "keep quiet" briberies, but locals chitchat, and sometimes you meet the victims.

sonicnofadz

Jul 24, 2012
    Perry Hall, MD
    AR doesn't make much sense to me as a HD gun where I live, I'd be too scared of over penetrating and killing a neighbor. Glock21 .45 ACP next to my bed is good enough

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    AR doesn't make much sense to me as a HD gun where I live, I'd be too scared of over penetrating and killing a neighbor. Glock21 .45 ACP next to my bed is good enough

Your .45 slug likely penetrates through hard material better than a .223.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Nice...

"Store Zero" (my term) where this all began with "Angel Baby" roughing up the shopkeeper, there was another round of looting last night, and whaddyaknow...

The looters dispersed as soon as people with firearms showed up to protect the shop.

Today, people from the community came in to help with cleanup.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    El Patron Grande says:

I'm afraid that I'm unable to answer the poll......

boat-accident.jpg

El Patron Grande learned that his firearms do not need to go out for some fresh sea air!

My poll answer is clear... I used to have both before the terrible boating accident. I was letting Don Dwyer pilot the boat before the accident and then all my guns sank to the bottom of the ocean. :lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom