• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Some places fear one member posting a pic of someone who does not want to be photo'd
    I know a teacher who does not want any photos cause his boss is anti gun and nuts about it.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    I know a teacher who does not want any photos cause his boss is anti gun and nuts about it.

I can sure relate to this! There are some people at the joint where I work who would go bat-spit crazy if they knew that I'm a firearms collector, and that I staunchly defend my right to be proud of my Southern heritage ... but I need the paycheck more than I need the grief involved in having it turn into an issue.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    and that I staunchly defend my right to be proud of my Southern heritage

b4ebc17f88b1c36bab589f89ae10a12f.jpg

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Some places fear one member posting a pic of someone who does not want to be photo'd

I can sure relate to this! There are some people at the joint where I work who would go bat-spit crazy if they knew that I'm a firearms collector, and that I staunchly defend my right to be proud of my Southern heritage ... but I need the paycheck more than I need the grief involved in having it turn into an issue.

Funny how 'they' think we(''gun nuts'') are always one bad day away from going postal.:sad20:

Sev89

Dreams about cheese
    Nov 4, 2010
    Anatomy Park
    03a4_zpsn3c8hxs2.jpg

Got the '03 out to the range this past weekend in an attempt to sight it in. I'm punchin' holes in the paper, just not where I want it to. I see another range trip in the not-so-distant future :D

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    My brother shooting my Service Grade M1 Garand and Smith Corona 1903a3
    Paper is my targets shooting them, first the Garand, then the 1903a3
    Targets are 100 yards from Bags using Greek HXT unsorted

BTW, for the first time, I had some misfires on Greek ammo. All in the Garand and all looked like light strikes. 2 I loaded up again and they fired. 1 I tried 4 times and never fired. The bullet was coming out of the neck of the case. Sorry, no pics and I just left it in the DUD BUCKET at the range. I'm thinking the dud had a malformed neck or something.

Attachments

• IMG_1779.JPG
      IMG_1779.JPG
      60 KB · Views: 463
    • IMG_1783.JPG
      IMG_1783.JPG
      57.9 KB · Views: 448
    • IMG_1784.JPG
      IMG_1784.JPG
      32.4 KB · Views: 429
    • IMG_1785.JPG
      IMG_1785.JPG
      46.3 KB · Views: 442

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    I performed horribly shooting at 75 flying orange discs, so I decided I would spend 30 minutes shooting my new to me Finnish M27. I had time for one range session so I just put the blade on the bull and pulled the trigger. This this thing would be a fly castrater at 300 meters.

4700e6f97622f7351d2540dcd5d7ff6d.jpg

Muggs

Nov 21, 2010
    Cumberland
    Took a brief trip to Greenridge tonight and got this 10 shot group. The first two shots are the extreme left and right holes.

Its a reasonably well done bubba'd K31. Glass bedded and free floated barrel. Shooting surplus ammo.

Attachments

• PTDC0001.jpg
      PTDC0001.jpg
      57.5 KB · Views: 357
    • PTDC0006.jpg
      PTDC0006.jpg
      61.4 KB · Views: 364
    • 100_5090.jpg
      100_5090.jpg
      88.4 KB · Views: 351

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    Took 3 rifles to the range today for the first time since I got them.

First up was the Finn M27. I was real nervous about this thing. The bore is a sewer pipe, rifling was barely visible. it's so bad, it doesn't even spin the cleaning rod while you clean it, even with a nice ball-bearing rod. I was pleasantly surprised by the results! I fired 20 rounds of commercial through it quickly then cleaned it while hot, it did get some junk out of the grooves, but I would still rate the bore as "poor" at best. Still, it's a shooter!

The M44 I got from a member here, it was one of the AIM Non-Refurbs I believe. Thanks for the nice deal, sir! :)

The M48 I got off GB, was listed as "fair condition". I thought they were selling it short, so I took a gamble. It paid off. It turned out pretty nice, except for worn bluing and a jacked firing pin. Very nice bore, solid stock, no rust. Not bad for $185! See pic of firing pin. I used my M48A bolt, luckily my M48A as well as my M24/47 bolts both headspace fine in this rifle. I am hunting for a replacement pin, though. Cheapest I've seen is 50 bucks on eBay. No thanks.

Those are 8"" Targets

Attachments

• M27.jpg
      M27.jpg
      17.5 KB · Views: 301
    • M44.jpg
      M44.jpg
      27.1 KB · Views: 316
    • M48.jpg
      M48.jpg
      21.4 KB · Views: 319
    • Pin tip damage 2.JPG
      Pin tip damage 2.JPG
      21 KB · Views: 313

jjones88

Apr 4, 2013
    Sykesville
    Took 3 rifles to the range today for the first time since I got them.

First up was the Finn M27. I was real nervous about this thing. The bore is a sewer pipe, rifling was barely visible. it's so bad, it doesn't even spin the cleaning rod while you clean it, even with a nice ball-bearing rod. I was pleasantly surprised by the results! I fired 20 rounds of commercial through it quickly then cleaned it while hot, it did get some junk out of the grooves, but I would still rate the bore as "poor" at best. Still, it's a shooter!

The M44 I got from a member here, it was one of the AIM Non-Refurbs I believe. Thanks for the nice deal, sir! :)

The M48 I got off GB, was listed as "fair condition". I thought they were selling it short, so I took a gamble. It paid off. It turned out pretty nice, except for worn bluing and a jacked firing pin. Very nice bore, solid stock, no rust. Not bad for $185! See pic of firing pin. I used my M48A bolt, luckily my M48A as well as my M24/47 bolts both headspace fine in this rifle. I am hunting for a replacement pin, though. Cheapest I've seen is 50 bucks on eBay. No thanks.

Those are 8"" Targets

Didn't you have someone weld something for you in the past? I'd probably file that a bit, then drop a bead and file until it protrudes to the length you want. Wouldn't be pretty but it would set off a primer.

Beats $50 on a new pin

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    Didn't you have someone weld something for you in the past? I'd probably file that a bit, then drop a bead and file until it protrudes to the length you want. Wouldn't be pretty but it would set off a primer.

Beats $50 on a new pin

I did, and you're right. I'll take it in to work and have them build it up a tad. It'll be easy to shape, and I have my others to compare to.

Good idea!

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD

Beats $50 on a new pin

I'd be concerned about the sharp edges piercing the primer.

jjones88

Apr 4, 2013
    Sykesville
    I'd be concerned about the sharp edges piercing the primer.

You'd have to use a file to round it off, guess I should have explained that a bit more, but I knew toolness would know what I was talking about.

I'd file what he currently has flat, then weld a bead onto the flat piece. Then I would file that bead to blend it into the firing pin, file to proper Mauser length (look up Mauser pin protrusion for that number), then shape it round. Good as new!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom