• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    I was looking around here and elsewhere, but I cannot seem to find the info I am looking for. :o

I thought I had read somewhere that you could carry on private property without any sort of license or permit?

This is not MY property, but my employer's property and after an event that took place here this morning, I would feel much better having access to some sort of self defense, aside from a baseball bat, or a "monkey" wrench...:rolleyes:

IF, I have permission from the property owner (my boss), can I carry, either openly, or concealed, as long as I stay on the property?

If not, am I legally allowed to bring a firearm with me, and lock it or otherwise store it in an accessible location?

Thanks in advance for any guidance or advice.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    you must be a supervisory employee, and have the owner's permission. i assume the owner must also be on the lease in order to give that permission. also, a semi recent court case says that employees must remain within the confines of the establishment, so indoors only, no parking lots or outdoors.

transport of a regulated firearm is another can of worms i believe.

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    you must be a supervisory employee, and have the owner's permission. i assume the owner must also be on the lease in order to give that permission. also, a semi recent court case says that employees must remain within the confines of the establishment, so indoors only, no parking lots or outdoors.

transport of a regulated firearm is another can of worms i believe.

Technically, I am a supervisory employee so that should be one less issue. The owner of the business, also owns the property we reside at. A friend suggested just bringing in my little pistol grip 12 gauge and storing it in my office during business hours. The issue is that I have several overhead doors that are normally open here, which allow fairly easy access to anyone who chooses to trespass, and I'm not always in the office, obviously.

Thanks for the reply.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• 2031.jpg
      2031.jpg
      40.8 KB · Views: 578
    • 2032.JPG
      2032.JPG
      29.1 KB · Views: 576

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    not a lawyer, but perhaps inside the physical building, unless the business is conducted outside the actual building.

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    I was not aware of that supervisory employee thing. So how do armed RSOs fit? Are they considered supervisory because they supervise customer use of a range, even though customers are not employees? Within the company, they certainly have no supervisory role, usually.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    That seems to say that even outside, on the property (i.e. real estate), would be OK? I'm more concerned about someone entering, but it'd be nice if remaining indoors wasn't a requirement.

It also looks like it can be carried either openly, or concealed.

Thank you for the info. That is what I saw before, but couldn't re-find it. :o

on your property, inside or outside. legal. open or concealed -ok.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Rso.. personally don't think it's covered under supervisory position. I think that supervisory is for employed personnel.. Not guest/students/clients.

My 2 ¢

I was not aware of that supervisory employee thing. So how do armed RSOs fit? Are they considered supervisory because they supervise customer use of a range, even though customers are not employees? Within the company, they certainly have no supervisory role, usually.

If an RSO can issue an order to cease fire anmd make the range cold, wouldn't that be supervisory?

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Technically, I am a supervisory employee so that should be one less issue. The owner of the business, also owns the property we reside at. A friend suggested just bringing in my little pistol grip 12 gauge and storing it in my office during business hours. The issue is that I have several overhead doors that are normally open here, which allow fairly easy access to anyone who chooses to trespass, and I'm not always in the office, obviously.

Thanks for the reply.
    You are a big guy, a pistol grip 12 gauge is like a handgun for you anyway. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom