• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    How much of what they do is standard on an 870?

"We replace all worn and / or damaged parts including the buttstock and forend, convert your chamber to 3”, convert to flexi-tab anti-jam system, install a new magazine spring and follower, replace safety with a jumbo head, replace trigger assembly with a professionally remanufactured trigger unit and parkerize your complete shotgun."

Maybe a couple of these things are a plus? Especially being worked on from Wilson?

Well a brand new gun isn't gong to need to replace worn out parts, should already be a 3" chamber, parkarized, won't need a new magazine spring and follower.

Safety upgrade and trigger upgrade won't come with a new gun, but is a shotgun not a sniper rifle so the stock trigger is probably fine for 90% of people. And my finger is my safety.

If someone wants to spend their money on it go for it.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Well a brand new gun isn't gong to need to replace worn out parts, should already be a 3" chamber, parkarized, won't need a new magazine spring and follower.

Safety upgrade and trigger upgrade won't come with a new gun, but is a shotgun not a sniper rifle so the stock trigger is probably fine for 90% of people. And my finger is my safety.

If someone wants to spend their money on it go for it.

So they bought one and it doesn't look as "great" as they thought. This is just a terrible option because they didn't think to just buy a new one?

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Lou45 has a thread in his IP subforum about similar 870s, but I believe he handpicked and checked for function. They are from a different source so slightly higher in price, but still very reasonable. His shop is open on Saturdays unless he's doing a gun show.

Dieselfool

Jun 19, 2013
    Westminster, Carroll County
    I posted a few pics of a refinish my son did on his/mine(from Lou). He said it took him all of 2 hours from start to finish... light sand, stain, poly...
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=175930
    You may not need to drop a fortune to give it a new look. YMMV.

it was close, but it was a little longer than that, but the majority of the time was spent waiting between coats. in total it was about 2 hrs worth of work.

almost like new!

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Pretoria78...

Can you tell us what day you ordered yours on and which gun(s)?

Only one data point but it might help the rest of us get an idea of where we stand.

Thx.

I ordered 2 Wingmasters (1-wood and 1-synthetic) on 5/22.
    I got a call Friday that they were ready to ship but they needed to get my FFL info sent over again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom