• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    So I dont know anything about shotguns, are these that good of a deal? Wondering if I should pick up one or two?

I realize you posted two months ago, but for anybody still wondering...

They are real Wingmasters and an excellent deal. I wouldn't buy one sight unseen, though, and then have to pay shipping and transfer fees. You're better off buying one from somebody like Lou: http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=175930

Rregdab

Feb 25, 2013
    West Frederick County MD
    Summit Update:

We received almost 300 Wingmasters on the 6th and will have all of them shipped by the 13th. I hope they will send all of the gun they still owe us on the next shipment. There is going to be a lot of big contracts coming up. They just keep getting bigger. I will never presell guns that are not here again, no matter how many want to get on the list. I can only ship what they send me. I know it has been a long time but no one knows that better then me. For those of you that did understand and sat patiently I say thank you. I am grateful that you didn't mind waiting for a good deal.

gabe72

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2012
    sharpsburg
    I have some out of the ten I bought I am going to let go, I got 5 of each all black stocks all in pretty good shape couple show a little more rack wear than rest. Frederick area or west is best for me, I may go to howard county show sunday, ive met a couple of members there before that lived further away as it was a good mid point for all of us involved,looking to recoup my costs, also summit charged 3 percent extra for credit card as well.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Summit Update:

We received almost 300 Wingmasters on the 6th and will have all of them shipped by the 13th. I hope they will send all of the gun they still owe us on the next shipment. There is going to be a lot of big contracts coming up. They just keep getting bigger. I will never presell guns that are not here again, no matter how many want to get on the list. I can only ship what they send me. I know it has been a long time but no one knows that better then me. For those of you that did understand and sat patiently I say thank you. I am grateful that you didn't mind waiting for a good deal.

The way Summit handled this from start to finish was exactly the wrong way to handle it. I have purchased from him in the past and been happy, but he missed the mark on his handling of this particular deal. Also, from what I've seen these guns were priced fairly, at best. Not a screaming deal after shipping and transfer fee by any means. The police mags appear to have been the much better deal, the factory Remington extension tube is a $50 accessory. Even those were hit or miss, a guy on ARF got one with a broken front sight. Now we know why FFLs like Lou don't post until they get the guns in hand. I hope Lou gets in on some of these "big contracts" that Summit is alluding to.

airsporter

Apr 28, 2011
    Western MD
    Yeah, spoke to Mark today. He seemed a bit beside himself. Problem was not quality but quantity. He was suppose to receive 700 Wingmasters but only about half of those that arrived were Wingmasters. So he is back ordered on them. However, he received way more police mags than promised - so they are available. Said mine would ship Monday.

http://summitgunbroker.com/870p.html

Last edited:

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    The way Summit handled this from start to finish was exactly the wrong way to handle it. I have purchased from him in the past and been happy, but he missed the mark on his handling of this particular deal. Also, from what I've seen these guns were priced fairly, at best. Not a screaming deal after shipping and transfer fee by any means. The police mags appear to have been the much better deal, the factory Remington extension tube is a $50 accessory. Even those were hit or miss, a guy on ARF got one with a broken front sight. Now we know why FFLs like Lou don't post until they get the guns in hand. I hope Lou gets in on some of these "big contracts" that Summit is alluding to.

See quoted post below.

Yeah, spoke to Mark today. He seemed a bit beside himself. Problem was not quality but quantity. He was suppose to receive 700 Wingmasters but only about half of those that arrived were Wingmasters. So he is back ordered on them. However, he received way more police mags that promised - so they are available. Said mine would ship Monday.

http://summitgunbroker.com/870p.html

Like I said in an earlier post, when dealing with most LE trades it's a gamble because the dealer is relying on the word of the source (the PD) of the LE trades to be correctly described in many ways such as condition (subject to one's perspective), quantity, the exact model, etc.. Here's an example that I experienced from 2008. A PD had about 400 Government Colt .45's most unissued like new in box from WWII for trade, notice the "from WWII" part. As it turned out, those guns were NOT WWII guns but commercial guns (1911-A1's)government model made in 1951. Yes, these were Colt .45's and most were unissued like new in box but they were NOT WWII guns. When one goes bidding on deals like this, one really has to know what's what to really make it work or one could loose their pants on the deal. After going (traveling) to the PD in question and spot examining some of these guns, we realized that this was only partly true what the PD told us; the untrue part was these were NOT WWII guns but instead commercial 1951 made guns and worth a fair bit less than WWII Colt .45 1911-A1's. That one tiny factor alone could have put us in the hole on that deal had we taken the PD's word on the their description of the Colt .45's they were offering up. We would have won the ensuing lawsuit, if necessary, based on breach of contract due to the guns not being WWII guns but we would have had a helluva lot of money tied up many months longer for this and quite possibly the PD would be allowed to nullify their part of the contract too and start the bidding process from the beginning again with the correct terminology as per gun(s) corrected and accurate description.

This is only one of many reasons why I don't like to "presell" anything that hasn't already arrived in my little grubby hands. I'm glad that the person "Mark" (I assume from Summit) has changed his strategy from preselling before he sees or has the product to selling it once the product has arrived in his little grubby hands too. Because of this, I commend Mark on his decision.:thumbsup:

Shazam

Dec 20, 2012
    My 870 finally arrived! I guess it was worth the wait. The wood is a bit rough with a couple spots of heavy wear like it was rubbing against a car shogun holder. Looks like it was seldom fired, and never cleaned. Shoots just fine.
    dsc00031.jpg

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Great looking shotgun. For a HD shotgun, you couldn't ask for anything better. Reliability, perfect in almost everyway. Beat up just enough that you can put it somewhere for easy access and not worry about it.

Great buy. If I didn't already own a few Express Magnums, I'd been all over these.

Congrats to all.

D-Log

Jan 29, 2015
    Reisterstown
    My 870 finally arrived! I guess it was worth the wait. The wood is a bit rough with a couple spots of heavy wear like it was rubbing against a car shogun holder. Looks like it was seldom fired, and never cleaned. Shoots just fine.
    dsc00031.jpg

Did yours come with the shell holder, or did you put that on separately?

Shazam

Dec 20, 2012
    No markings.

It came from the last batch Summit received. I wasn't sure I was going to get one. I understand that the got fewer Wingmasters then they expected.

gabe72

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2012
    sharpsburg
    If anyone up near me is intersted i still have a couple left from the ten i ordered im in washington frederick county area

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom