• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • twtyrant

Jan 7, 2009
    Luke AFB
    After I posted this and I went to work my Mom found them. I gave her all my important documents b/c I didn't have a safe at the time. I'll be doing a lot of "running" around next week to get all the appropriate papers.

twtyrant

Jan 7, 2009
    Luke AFB
    I have my 1 on 1 interview scheduled for June 15.

I'm assuming I should wear a suit.

What does the interview entail?

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I'm assuming I should wear a suit.

YES. Is it a background interview or a general interview? Mine was a background interview where we went page by page through my 30-some page background book, question by question. This was my last chance to change or reveal any information, next came the poly where everything had better line up with what you'd told them in the interview.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I'm pretty sure it's a background interview because the investigator said he was in charge of my case.

Ok, than see above.

good luck, be totally honest with all answers.

Excellent advice.

have you received the "blue book?" its the Background Investigation book. Complete it and make a copy for yourself. wear a suit and be professional!!

Do this and relax. My only other advice here is that when they ask you a question, answer it and then stop talking. The investigator may just look at you for a minute hoping that you'll decide to develop diarrhea of the mouth and just keep rambling. Don't do that. If they NEED further info they'll ask the question.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    I wish my local PD had a part-time reserve officer position. I wouldn't mind working a couple nights a week and 1 weekend a month. This would give the full-timers the daytime shifts and more time with their families. I'd also be willing to work during any incidents or special events (like fairs). I make too much as a programmer now so I couldn't commit to full time but a second job serving the public like that would be nice.

twtyrant

Jan 7, 2009
    Luke AFB
    The interview wasn't too bad, but it was still a little nerve wracking. There were a few things that I had forgot to include in the blue book, so since I wanted to be honest I told the investigator. I may only have one conflict which could potentially effect me going farther into the investigation.

Oral review board is next I guess. Unless some unforeseen events take place, which they shouldn't.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    I have always wondered why there are not more reserve police units like the National Guard, sworn officers who train with the full timers but work on weekend a month, 2 weeks a year, part time, etc. Not sure if it would work on a city level but at a state level it would.

Seems to me it would add a bunch of "LEO's" on the streets, even off duty you are on duty. I am sure liabilty is one of the big issues.

I would be willing to be a "Reserve" officer if it was set up like the National Guard.

TD

ToneGrail

MSI, NRA, & SAF Member
    Dec 18, 2008
    Towson, People's Republik of MD
    I have always wondered why there are not more reserve police units like the National Guard, sworn officers who train with the full timers but work on weekend a month, 2 weeks a year, part time, etc. Not sure if it would work on a city level but at a state level it would.

Seems to me it would add a bunch of "LEO's" on the streets, even off duty you are on duty. I am sure liabilty is one of the big issues.

I would be willing to be a "Reserve" officer if it was set up like the National Guard.

TD

It will never happen here in MD.

However, in other states, it's like that. Just not here in MD. I have a friend who is an Auxiliary Police Officer in Fredericksburg, VA. He has 24/7 arrest powers, equivalent training to that of any paid officer (DCJS certified) and LEOSA qualified.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by miles71

TD
    It will never happen here in MD.

However, in other states, it's like that. Just not here in MD. I have a friend who is an Auxiliary Police Officer in Fredericksburg, VA. He has 24/7 arrest powers, equivalent training to that of any paid officer (DCJS certified) and LEOSA qualified.

Does he have a "day job" as well? Sounds like a good way to get more police on the streets.

Ahhh Maryland...................
    TD

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom