• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    1000+ permit applicants could meet in Pikesville one Saturday, invite the media, wave our non-denial-denials and demand our civil rights.

Instead of an Open Holster Rally, have a Permit Denial Rally?

An interesting notion, except that I'm pretty sure that we'd never get an assembly permit like we do for the OHRs and some of us would end up in the pokey when MSP came along to break it up. Mind you, it may eventually come to that, but I don't think we're there yet.

Glaug-Eldare

BANNED!!!
    Jan 17, 2011
    Responding to MSI's request is a thousand times more important than chattering here on MDShooters.

PLEASE! Take the time and do this if you are in this group!

Everybody with a permit application in should use it, whether they're MSI members or not! :thumbsup:

crj200

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 24, 2012
    Everybody with a permit application in should use it, whether they're MSI members or not! :thumbsup:

I did it and I gave permission for MSI to give my info to SAF. Application sent 3/7/12. Received by MSP 3/09/12. Check cashed 3/12/12. CJIS letter 3/16/12 all clear. No calls, interviews or references contacted. I am after the ruling, before the stay.

I beleive you should submit the info and allow MSI and SAF to gather information as to how the apps are handled before, during, and after the stay. Allow MSI to give your info to SAF so they can put names to the numbers and later faces to the names.

csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County
    True indeed. It's just a delay tactic and a "deterrent" in the sense that MSP most likely thinks folks will just forget about it. I just hope folks are in it for the long haul and play MSP's games until we get something from Judge Legg or C4.

Have to admit I think that is what most of us expected to have happen.

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    Have to admit I think that is what most of us expected to have happen.

:thumbsup: Yup Thats what I thought would happen. Make sure it gets to MSI and SAF. Looks as though you are caught in a circle. I would try re submitting it to MSP and tell them to go ahead and proses it as they normally would.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Ok got the attached denial from the Handgun Permit Review Board in reply to my letter of April 12 contesting the MSP non process denial of my application. Any suggestions are appreciated. I have also uploaded this to the MSI/SAF link.

http://marylandshallissue.org/msp-permit-denial-tracking/

That's really interesting. Thanks very much for sharing it with all of us, and with MSI and the SAF.

This is pretty much one of the expected outcomes, and it's bad for the State Police as far as getting the permanent stay from Judge Legg (and eventually from the 4th...) goes, because it reinforces the idea that they are acting in bad faith during the temporary stay. You apply, they refuse to process the application. You try to appeal, and are told that you can't appeal because it wasn't processed. All it does is make the MDSP look worse, and hurts their chances at the stay.

It's annoying, it's Kafka-esque bureaucracy at it's finest, and in fact it's downright BS, but in the end it will be good for our side.

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    While I understand your frustration, the Handgun Permit Review Board
    cannot intervene in State Police matters.

Is that not there entire purpose when it comes to handgun permits?

So if they did not approve or deny your app....
    They must have acted upon it within 90 day or you could take it to the review board.
    So what did they do? looks like limbo.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Is that not there entire purpose when it comes to handgun permits?

So if they did not approve or deny your app....
    They must have acted upon it within 90 day or you could take it to the review board.
    So what did they do? looks like limbo.

Makes you wonder what they WOULD be doing if they approved an app the MSP originally denied.............????

I can't imagine any more of an intervention into MSP matters than outright disputing their opinion on any given applicant......

I don't get the whole GD thing anymore. :sad20:

cad68m_m

Member MSI, SAF, NRA
    Nov 26, 2011
    Calvert
    :thumbsup: Yup Thats what I thought would happen. Make sure it gets to MSI and SAF. Looks as though you are caught in a circle. I would try re submitting it to MSP and tell them to go ahead and proses it as they normally would.

The only problem with that it costs me $54 livescan, plus postage and notary every time I resubmit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom