• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    My was received on the 14th and check deposited on the 20th, no call to references either, now I'm starting to wonder if in the next few days if I'll get something in the mail. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

You won't, I HIGHLY doubt any of us will. It would require them cutting refund checks, which is something the application very clearly states they do NOT do.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    ESPECIALLY if there are several thousand applications, as I believe there are.

speaking of that.. do we have a way to know how many apps were submitted? just curious.

prolly the reason why they are sending some back so it will not count in the said 97% rate of approval.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I can see me getting a lawyer, within 48 hours of anything remotely resembling a denial. Ef it, I'm not into getting pushed around, it's just wrong.

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    Or you can treat it as a denial and take it directly to the Board. When and if they do this to my application, that is I what I plan to do. And I'll request a hearing and cross examine witnesses.

Did you submit your application before or after the stay? Have they cashed your check?

Mr H

Banana'd
    I put it off too long, but I joined SAF and MSI tonight after reading all these letters today. I added extra donations as well... (wasted no time adding to the sig)

All this drama is making my blood pressure rise. :war:

Um... You would think..........

That Monday's "assault" on the Assembly would have gotten their attention, that people in Maryland can get activated if properly motivated.

I'll paraphrase that great Sage, Bugs Bunny... "Day don' know is vewy well... Do dey?!!"

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    It is Kafkaesque, if accepted.

FTFY.

It seems they should have continued to sit on them, all of them, if your analysis is correct.

Perhaps it is time to 'flash mob' the appeals board. That should be a fun one, given they seem to have a more strict deadline than the initial application, correct?

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Did you submit your application before or after the stay? Have they cashed your check?

They got my app on 3/23 and immediately did the md background check which cleared immediately. Not a peep since. Never checked to see if they cashed it or not. I assume they did so cuz they did the background check

Mr H

Banana'd
    I'm writing and calling Senator Young (3) and Delegate Hough (3b) to complain.

While I am at it, I may write the Gov and the Attorney General.

non_denial_denial.jpg

1. Love the stamp!!!:lol2: Though.. I personally would add at the end of the tag line "(as it suits us)" :D

2. I've been waiting to see who'd be the first to bring Lord Governor Martin St. Malley into this.

If you don't already have one, PM me your information, and I'll send you a MDS Sticker.

jfox

Mar 27, 2012
    I'm not sure if Gura has the time or interest to hear from MD Shooters, but I'll certainly bet SAF does.

It might not be a bad idea to let SAF know that there have been at least a couple hundred applications to MD for CCW, and that MD is now not even numerous persons are having applications returned without processing based on lack of G&S.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    FTFY.

It seems they should have continued to sit on them, all of them, if your analysis is correct.

Perhaps it is time to 'flash mob' the appeals board. That should be a fun one, given they seem to have a more strict deadline than the initial application, correct?

I like the change:D. 10 days to do a board appeal. Can't tell or advise others what to do here

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    My check was deposited and I haven't heard squat yet one way or another.

I bet you don't until after the pending appeal or something else happens. I don't think you'll be included with the people currently getting letters.

I trust esqappelate, but something is going on here. AG and/or MSP may in fact be doing something stupid, but I bet they've got some trick they want to try. This is good and bad. Bad because it might work. Bad because lawyers don't rely on tricks unless playing it straight is viewed as a losing cause.

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    Thank you everyone or the warm welcome! I am fine with following the direction of the other members that have also received the same letter and cow application as I did in the mail. Should we wait for guidance on how to proceed?

Posts by esqappelate may be the best to heed. He is a lawyer but is not offering legal advice. That said, he can read and digest this stuff faster than the rest.

It looks like you have three choices:

1. Grin and take it
    2. Send it back to MSP to process
    3. Take it to the appeals board

Someone is sending it back to the MSP. Esqappelate said he would go to the appeals board (arguing that he was denied, even though the letters say no determination has been made). IIRC, it doesn't cost to do the latter, so why not?

It's really up to you.

BTW, go to the Introductions forum and leave a post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom