• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjam2jab

Jul 23, 2010
    Levittown, PA
    That was her campaign platform - abolish the "Florida loophole" as the Philly media dubbed it, and review ALL reciprocity agreements. That was why Bloomberg supported her. Abolishing CCW reciprocity is a MAIG initiative. Elections have consequences.

THat was her platform...in the PHILLY market only. Nobody outside of the Philly area saw those commercials.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Just got off the phone with the AG office, this is what I was told:

The agreement dated feb 1st closed the "FL loophole", only FL residents had reciprocity with a FL permit, slipped it under the radar.

People were upset that they have unknowingly been criminals for a week, so it was changed, the new letter dated today. PA residents will no longer be able to carry in PA on a FL permit after 120 days from today. They said this should only affect PA residents, not FL or 3rd party states, I told them that is not what the old notice said, and the new notice says nothing about 3rd party stte residents. Pretty much went downhill from there, and I probably made it on a new list. She was elected without much effort, she ran her campaign in Philly, and kept quiet in the rest of the state, she really needs to go.

for those inclined to contact the office, light her up, I know lots of MDers family included that carry on FL permits in PA
    http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/contactus/
    717-787-3391

my letter FWIW:
    I have been advised that your office has modified the Licence to carry reciprocity agreement with Florida. This is an inexcusable affront to the rights of citizens in all states. I carry lawfully in PA with a PA resident permit, numerous family and friends visit PA from surrounding states, and many have the popular FL non-resident permit. If your purpouse was to require PA residents to obtain a PA LTCF permit, then you have far overstepped that goal, and seem to have denied the residents of every other state their right to carry the means for self defense while in Pennsylvania. There are no notable crimes reported, shootings, or accidents that would illustrate any actual problem with the prior reciprocity agreement, making this decision even more puzzling. You have disarmed millions of PA visitors in response to a problem that does not exist. I can assure you Myself, and the gun rights community will be watching your actions closely, and will be energised and mobilized in future elections to ensure those who would disarm citizens are replaced with officials who will support our second ammendment rights.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Just got off the phone with the AG office, this is what I was told:

The agreement dated feb 1st closed the "FL loophole", only FL residents had reciprocity with a FL permit, slipped it under the radar.

People were upset that they have unknowingly been criminals for a week, so it was changed, the new letter dated today. PA residents will no longer be able to carry in PA on a FL permit after 120 days from today. They said this should only affect PA residents, not FL or 3rd party states, I told them that is not what the old notice said, and the new notice says nothing about 3rd party stte residents. Pretty much went downhill from there, and I probably made it on a new list. She was elected without much effort, she ran her campaign in Philly, and kept quiet in the rest of the state, she really needs to go.

for those inclined to contact the office, light her up, I know lots of MDers family included that carry on FL permits in PA
    http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/contactus/
    717-787-3391

Done.

Deep Thought

Jan 27, 2013
    Columbia, MD
    Well, so much for being able to carry in PA with a FLA non-resident permit. :tdown:

I wonder if the stupid biitch AG will now try to kibosh Utah and Virginia non-resident permits.

Probably. And try to do what MD and now CA seem hell bent on doing via legislation - whatever they can do to get to an outright ban.

vette97

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2008
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Used their form to ask the question:

I've read that the changes to the PA & FL concealed carry reciprocity agreement will not allow PA residents to conceal carry in PA anymore using a FL non-resident permit.

However, I am currently a MD resident, who has legally concealed and carried in PA using a non-resident FL permit under legal reciprocity.

Therefore, please provide me with your opinion regarding non-PA residents concealing and carrying in PA on non-resident FL permits. Do the new changes to reciprocity affect me?

Thank you,
    vette97 - Karroll Kounty, MD with family in the Skook, PA

Gary Slider

Feb 15, 2009
    Problem with PA is you have to have a permit/license from your resident state if they issue a permit/license before you can apply in PA.

They do issue. If you have a permit/license from your home state call the Sheriff's Office and ask them if they issue to Non Residents. Some will not even though their law says they must. If they do all you need is your state ID and 3 references with Addresses and Phone Numbers. Must appear in person to apply. Do ask if you apply in person if they will mail it to you if not approved right away. Every Sheriff does it just a little different. Cost is about $26

MifflinKid

Dec 30, 2010
    Howard County
    I just sent an e-mail to the PA AG's office asking if my Florida non-resident CCW will still be honored. The page displayed after sending it indicated I should get a response within five days.

Knuckles

Feb 28, 2012
    Ceciltucky, MD
    OOPS... I work in PA almost daily... May or may not have had a weapon in my van last week...

I will stop at the Delaware County Courthouse in Media on Monday & see what I can find out...

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    hmmmm...may have to sign up for that nonres utah/arizona class at basspro afterall...

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    I'll bet the AG does the same thing to Utah shortly too, and for the same reasons.

So the next question then becomes: Does anyone know any friendly local jurisdictions where the Sheriff is inclined to grant non-resident PA licenses to MD residents?

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads