• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Outstanding thread, but needs more pics.

I really like the Mepro Tru-Dot® RDS Red Dot Sight. Looks good, priced good. Anyone running this on an M4gery? any pics? opinions over this vs an Aimpoint pro on a cantilever mount?

Here's mine:

I like the huge window, very clear glass.

I just leave it turned on, the battery life is fantastic.

Otherwise, I haven't done anything with it since I sighted it in, but ISIS has been staying away from my neighborhood.

Attachments

• 20150622_155626.jpg
      20150622_155626.jpg
      91.2 KB · Views: 257

drive_accord_ingly

Aug 1, 2007
    MoCo
    Here's mine:

Otherwise, I haven't done anything with it since I sighted it in, but ISIS has been staying away from my neighborhood.

Thank you. Can you tell me if the RDS is plastic or metal?

jsy1z4.jpg

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    After struggling between an Aimpoint PRO and a EOTech, I just ordered an EOTech EXPS2-0 for my RRA AR.

This being snowed in is getting expensive!

I finally went with the EOTech based on some research here and on the input of a friend in the CCSO and a Navy buddy who is intimately familiar with high-end red dot sights. I figure if it is their choice for what they do, it would be more than adequate for my uses.

I am looking for something for home defense, close quarters out to mid-range. I don't currently have a need for a magnifier.

Attachments

• eotech-exps-2-0-2.jpg
      eotech-exps-2-0-2.jpg
      14.1 KB · Views: 185

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I just returned my EXPS2-0 under the recall/refund program. It didn't think it was holding zero, but didn't shoot it enough to confirm. I was never happy with the fuzzy reticle. The reticle is no where near as defined as it is shown in your post/pic. Then the well publicized lawsuit and refunds program. So I guess it wasn't my shooting after all :lol2:

Now I am looking for something to replace it.

Last edited:

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    After struggling between an Aimpoint PRO and a EOTech, I just ordered an EOTech EXPS2-0 for my RRA AR.

This being snowed in is getting expensive!

I finally went with the EOTech based on some research here and on the input of a friend in the CCSO and a Navy buddy who is intimately familiar with high-end red dot sights. I figure if it is their choice for what they do, it would be more than adequate for my uses.

I am looking for something for home defense, close quarters out to mid-range. I don't currently have a need for a magnifier.

I'll be curious to find out if your EoTech retains zero over time. I just returned my EoTech holographic sight to the manufacturer because I kept having to re-zero it every time I went to the range. I really like everything else about the product, but I could not tolerate having to re-zero it all the time. I'm now thinking of getting either a Vortex or an Aimpoint. My experience with EoTech is making me lean towards Vortex because of their warranty.

Please let us know how well your EoTech holds zero over time. If I knew that my EoTech was a bum unit and not all of them are like it, I would reorder the product in a heartbeat.

Cal68

nerfherder

Apr 22, 2011
    right here
    Here's mine:

Not to get off topic or anything, but what range is that? Looks very nice.

LostSoul

Nugget Popper
    Oct 29, 2008
    Ho Co
    I've had a Meprolight M21 for the last year or so, I'm digging it. It's just a range toy really, but I think it works well with the triangle reticle, and there's no need to worry about batteries!

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    I just returned my EXPS2-0 under the recall/refund program. It didn't think it was holding zero, but didn't shoot it enough to confirm. I was never happy with the fuzzy reticle. The reticle is no where near as defined as it is shown in your post/pic. Then the well publicized lawsuit and refunds program. So I guess it was my shooting after all :lol2:

Now I am looking for something to replace it.

I'll be curious to find out if your EoTech retains zero over time. I just returned my EoTech holographic sight to the manufacturer because I kept having to re-zero it every time I went to the range. I really like everything else about the product, but I could not tolerate having to re-zero it all the time. I'm now thinking of getting either a Vortex or an Aimpoint. My experience with EoTech is making me lean towards Vortex because of their warranty.

Please let us know how well your EoTech holds zero over time. If I knew that my EoTech was a bum unit and not all of them are like it, I would reorder the product in a heartbeat.

Cal68

You guys have me nervous now.

The guys I talked to about the EOTech also got theirs supplied for free (Sheriffs Dept & Navy) - we talked more about functionality than long term reliability.

I really liked the 65 MOA around the dot on the EOTech. The low(er) profile, large window and the 65 MOA circle around a 1 MOA dot were what sold me on it.

Until I can talk to them again, I called and cancelled my EOTech order.

I admit, it is very hard to find anyone who has anything bad to say about an Aimpoint PRO. They just seem so BIG on the rifle and more prone to being banged and damaged or knocking them out of zero.

I do appreciate your feedback - for the amount they charge for these, I need to get this right the first time.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    You guys have me nervous now.

The guys I talked to about the EOTech also got theirs supplied for free (Sheriffs Dept & Navy) - we talked more about functionality than long term reliability.

I really liked the 65 MOA around the dot on the EOTech. The low(er) profile, large window and the 65 MOA circle around a 1 MOA dot were what sold me on it.

Until I can talk to them again, I called and cancelled my EOTech order.

I admit, it is very hard to find anyone who has anything bad to say about an Aimpoint PRO. They just seem so BIG on the rifle and more prone to being banged and damaged or knocking them out of zero.

I do appreciate your feedback - for the amount they charge for these, I need to get this right the first time.

One of the reasons I am not sure if I will purchase an EoTech again was because of a video that I watched on the Vortex website. It showed a guy throwing a firearm on which a Vortex red dot sight had been installed several times on the ground and the sight did not have to be re-zeroed. My EoTech would have to be re-zeroed every time I brought it home in my rifle bag and took it back to the range. That just did not seem right to me.

So now I am looking at the Vortex and Aimpoint sights, but have not decided which one to purchase right now.

Cal68

GottaEat

Aug 24, 2014
    SOMD
    One of the reasons I am not sure if I will purchase an EoTech again was because of a video that I watched on the Vortex website. It showed a guy throwing a firearm on which a Vortex red dot sight had been installed several times on the ground and the sight did not have to be re-zeroed. My EoTech would have to be re-zeroed every time I brought it home in my rifle bag and took it back to the range. That just did not seem right to me.

So now I am looking at the Vortex and Aimpoint sights, but have not decided which one to purchase right now.

Cal68

Might want to wait a few months for the new Vortex Sparc AR to come out. Looks like it has potential to be a nice red dot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom