Undisclosed location
    Leupold...

Attachments

• AR-500-Mandalorian-Armor3.jpg
      AR-500-Mandalorian-Armor3.jpg
      78.8 KB · Views: 259

Kagetsu

Feb 4, 2009
    :lol: If you want attention, walk passed a DC security cam.

I have an Eotech, with a 3x magnifier. An Eotech that currently floats. Good sites. I have an Aimpoint PRO that works a bit better. Mostly because it stands a bit higher sightline wise. I'm going to add an Aimpoint T2. There will be a fifth choice pending. I like the red dot for the aquire target speed, and they don't cover the target point like iron sites. Aim small, miss small.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Not to get off topic or anything, but what range is that? Looks very nice.

That's the Associated Gun Clubs Range at Marriottsville. You'll see many photos of it on this forum, because many of us shoot there.

That's part of the 100 position 100 yard range. There's also a 200 yard range with pits, 50 yard pistol range, trap, and archery.

Open 364 days a year, never a wait to shoot.

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    Nuttin'. I believe in good ol' fashion irons.

If I want a scoped gun I'll buy a modern bolt action.

Ditto ...iron sights, no need for batteries, nothing to break, sum thin to worry about..."wait, hold on I have to replace my batteries"..don't like all that crap hanging off it...Yeah..yeah I know...
    Take away optics, then have a go at iron sights.... ...YMMV.. just saying..

Bolt gun... that's what the TRG's w/ S&B, NF optics is for..... a few other bolt guns ;)

-Rock

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I've had one for nearly two years. Sat on 22LR rifle for a little while before being replaced by a traditional optic. Maybe I should try it on an AR instead of a red dot. The site is very rugged and quick to acquire.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I've had a Meprolight M21 for the last year or so, I'm digging it. It's just a range toy really, but I think it works well with the triangle reticle, and there's no need to worry about batteries!

I have one a Tavor. I like it also.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Batteries suck. I don't want to rely on any sighting device that requires either them or good weather.

That is why I like 1x-4/6 scopes.

With batteries at 1x, work like red dot. Without batteries, they still work well.

nerfherder

Apr 22, 2011
    right here
    That's the Associated Gun Clubs Range at Marriottsville. You'll see many photos of it on this forum, because many of us shoot there.

That's part of the 100 position 100 yard range. There's also a 200 yard range with pits, 50 yard pistol range, trap, and archery.

Open 364 days a year, never a wait to shoot.

Thank you. I've been meaning to check it out for years but keep going back to Hap Baker. Maybe I need to get off my butt and do it.

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    You guys have me nervous now.

The guys I talked to about the EOTech also got theirs supplied for free (Sheriffs Dept & Navy) - we talked more about functionality than long term reliability.

I really liked the 65 MOA around the dot on the EOTech. The low(er) profile, large window and the 65 MOA circle around a 1 MOA dot were what sold me on it.

Until I can talk to them again, I called and cancelled my EOTech order.

I admit, it is very hard to find anyone who has anything bad to say about an Aimpoint PRO. They just seem so BIG on the rifle and more prone to being banged and damaged or knocking them out of zero.

I do appreciate your feedback - for the amount they charge for these, I need to get this right the first time.

Update - Decided to go with an Aimpoint PRO after all. I ordered it from Cabelas since they had them in stock and I really like their customer service in case I do have a problem.

I am ditching the RRA Tactical Carry Handle altogether - I just ordered a A.R.M.S. A2 Flip-Up, Low-Profile / Same-Plane rear sight to replace it with.

I am really hoping the spacer that comes with the Aimpoint PRO mount works out to be a Lower 1/3 Co-witness. I have read several reviews - some say they get a true 1/3 lower and others say they are getting something between a true and a 1/3 CW with the QRP2 mount.

Attachments

• With Magpul HG & VG.jpg
      With Magpul HG & VG.jpg
      31 KB · Views: 275
    • ARMS A2 L-SP.jpg
      ARMS A2 L-SP.jpg
      10 KB · Views: 182

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members