• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • highfructosecornsyrup

Apr 2, 2012
    baltimore city
    Saw some Mizeur signs across the street the other day. It made me think the following...

We want her to stay in the race, votes that might go to Doo Doo Brown, and strengthen him may as well be floated off to Ol Heather. This may give us a better shot with Duggie Fresh.

Had a question though, Im registered in district 33a, am I better off as a DINO or just under republican? I have thought both sides of this and Im thinking it might not really matter? My parents got early voting forms the other day, but I prob won't get anything.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    Sorry, but in 15 if Miller is dumped then Dumais wins. There are only 4 running for the house on the democratic side, three can win. Miller may be a problem, Dumais is part of the leadership and a bigger problem. Hold your nose and vote for Miller and the other two, not Dumais.:sad20:

Good point for the Primary election. Once we get to the General Election, there are 3 (R) candidates. Hopefully all of the (D)'s will loose, however that is a long shot.
    2010 General Election results from 15 - http://www.elections.state.md.us/elections/2010/results/General/gen_results_2010_2_01615.html

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    Saw some Mizeur signs across the street the other day. It made me think the following...

We want her to stay in the race, votes that might go to Doo Doo Brown, and strengthen him may as well be floated off to Ol Heather. This may give us a better shot with Duggie Fresh.

Had a question though, Im registered in district 33a, am I better off as a DINO or just under republican? I have thought both sides of this and Im thinking it might not really matter? My parents got early voting forms the other day, but I prob won't get anything.

looks like 33A is gone - it is all just district 33 now - http://electionsmaryland.com/elections/2014/primary_candidates/index.html

For the primary, there are 3 (D) candidates. As such, they will all make it to the General Election. That means no benefit with respect to those votes to going DINO.

33 looks good from a 2A perspective on the (R) side - http://www.nrapvf.org/grades-endorsements/2014/maryland.aspx.

So, the only real benefit I see for you to go DINO is for votes on the state-level races (gov and Attorney General). Also, it will throw off the gerrymandering. Your call.

more research is over here - http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=147366

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011
    A question regarding District 15:

Do we focus our efforts on trying to get Dumais out, or do we go for the somewhat more likely option of getting Miller out?

Apr 8, 2012
    Earth
    Here in District 20, we're pretty much screwed.

For Senate, we have Jamie "Chessman" Raskin running unopposed in the primary. In the general, we have an independent at least. So it's gonna be a write in for me for the Dem primary.

For Delegates, the only incumbent is Sheila Hixson after Tom Hucker withdrew back in Feb. There are 8 other Dem's in the primary with Sheila. The only non-Dem for the general is a Green-partier.

As for the Delegate candidates:

No website for Chapman.

Hopewell, Jawando, Shurberg, and Smith, Unger, and Zokle don't mention any 2A in their bio.

Moon doesn't mention any 2A issues, but is supported by Raskin, so I say "no."

Unger and Zokle are self-described progressives, so I say "no."

So I would say Jawando, Shurberg and Smith for me in the primaries unless anyone has additional details.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I've been thinking about this, and I think I'm changing my mind on something.

Wherever we're talking "vote for no one" in unopposed D situations, I'm starting to think the "John Galt" write-in could really have an effect.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    A question regarding District 15:

Do we focus our efforts on trying to get Dumais out, or do we go for the somewhat more likely option of getting Miller out?

Let's go for removal of Dumais. She holds a House Judiciary Committee seat, so her removal would be great. She got about 10% more votes than Miller

Here in District 20, we're pretty much screwed.

For Senate, we have Jamie "Chessman" Raskin running unopposed in the primary. In the general, we have an independent at least. So it's gonna be a write in for me for the Dem primary.

For Delegates, the only incumbent is Sheila Hixson after Tom Hucker withdrew back in Feb. There are 8 other Dem's in the primary with Sheila. The only non-Dem for the general is a Green-partier.

As for the Delegate candidates:

No website for Chapman.

Hopewell, Jawando, Shurberg, and Smith, Unger, and Zokle don't mention any 2A in their bio.

Moon doesn't mention any 2A issues, but is supported by Raskin, so I say "no."

Unger and Zokle are self-described progressives, so I say "no."

So I would say Jawando, Shurberg and Smith for me in the primaries unless anyone has additional details.

Thanks for the post. We will go with the 3 you picked. If you have time, can you contact them? http://electionsmaryland.com/elections/2014/primary_candidates/gen_listings_2014_1_01620.html

Wherever we're talking "vote for no one" in unopposed D situations, I'm starting to think the "John Galt" write-in could really have an effect.

:thumbsup:

I can put it up there and we will see what feedback it gets

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011

Wouldn't that be a way of tipping off people about the number of Dino's in MD?

Mr H

Banana'd
    Wouldn't that be a way of tipping off people about the number of Dino's in MD?

I don't see that as a problem (and you know me well enough to know that I'm not above giving folks a nudge here-and-there).

Think "Brewster's Millions" and None of the Above.

Yes, I know that was a lame movie, and could never happen... but the dissent value is worthwhile in any case.

Let's assume, for a moment, that Galt wins a handful of races.

The Board of Elections would be beside itself, and Curran & Co. would all of a sudden have to face the fact that people OPPOSE them!!!!

My goal?

Ultimately, a "balanced" state (like that would ever happen).

What would I take?

Well, considering that MD will never allow FULLY open primaries, I would be satisfied with D for D, R for R, and anyone else is "open"

But, again, that exposes the power structure.

What do we do at that point?

DINO until it's fixed.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    https://voterservices.elections.maryland.gov/OnlineVoterRegistration/InstructionsStep1

Don't forget, you can still DINO and request an Absentee ballot online with your Driver's License number.

Deadline is June 17th, that is, they must receive it by then.

Whoa, did not know this, thanks!!

I thought today was the last day one could change their registration to say they were a democrat? Good to see there is a little more time to do it and vote absentee. Is this what you are saying?

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    Let's go for removal of Dumais. She holds a House Judiciary Committee seat, so her removal would be great. She got about 10% more votes than Miller

Thanks for the post. We will go with the 3 you picked. If you have time, can you contact them? http://electionsmaryland.com/elections/2014/primary_candidates/gen_listings_2014_1_01620.html

:thumbsup:

I can put it up there and we will see what feedback it gets

Slight correction...she is vice chair of the committee. Keep in mind if she wins and Vallario loses, she becomes chair. Understand if this occurs, any attempt to repeal FSA 2013 will be desk drawered by the chairman and never be heard by the committee. Vallario needs to win and she needs to lose.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas

So where can I get my "Gun Owners for John Galt" yard sign and bumper sticker?

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011
    I don't see that as a problem (and you know me well enough to know that I'm not above giving folks a nudge here-and-there).

Think "Brewster's Millions" and None of the Above.

Yes, I know that was a lame movie, and could never happen... but the dissent value is worthwhile in any case.

Let's assume, for a moment, that Galt wins a handful of races.

The Board of Elections would be beside itself, and Curran & Co. would all of a sudden have to face the fact that people OPPOSE them!!!!

My goal?

Ultimately, a "balanced" state (like that would ever happen).

What would I take?

Well, considering that MD will never allow FULLY open primaries, I would be satisfied with D for D, R for R, and anyone else is "open"

But, again, that exposes the power structure.

What do we do at that point?

DINO until it's fixed.

I see where you are coming from, but wouldn't it be obvious enough when you look at the voter turnout across different races and compare them to the # of registered voters? If people are voting only in certain races that should also send a message to the politicians in MD.

I guess I'm just concerned with receiving a counter response from the politicians to the DINO movement. Atm, DINO's aren't really all that known or are dismissed as a insignificant contingent. Based on the election results that could change, but we wouldn't be fully revealing how many of us there were/ the true capabilities of DINO's.

Not to mention the obvious issue of getting DINO's on the Galt wagon in 20 days to receive a significant amount of the vote.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Maryland powers-that-be detest anything resembling rebellion. If it's not according to their plan, it mush be quashed.

This is but one way to begin upsetting the apple cart... but it has to start somewhere.

You're right... 20 days isn't a lot. But, it's more than nothing, now that things are coalescing. We get vocal, we get busy.

Paging SkinsBrew...

DINO Powers, ACTIVATE!!

andimorony

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2009
    Thanks. I am glad to see people agreeing on votes, which is part of the point in starting this thread.

Side conversation: Smigiel thing was brought up by frogman68, and is really not even a DINO topic. So far it sounds like we are all on the same page with respect to Smigiel, except for frogman68. I am glad to see others sticking up for Smigiel, and chiming in

(bold is mine)

ME TOO and thank you all!!!!

andimorony

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2009
    he is a bully , if things don't go his way he throws a fit ( remember when he ran for judge ?) or he will make your life miserable ( how many frivolous lawsuits or unfounded allegations he has done / caused unnecessary investigations) . Ride around CC you will see Arentz and Jacobs signs together but no Smigiel why is that??? Because people in the know in CC know he is a POF , Adam Kokesh is an adamant supporter would you vote for him just because of his 2A stance?

Why yes, yes I do remember his run for Judge. He was in session for 99% of the race doing what the people elected him to do but wanted a (excuse the pun) shot at it.Still waiting for the part where you detail what Mike did specifically to tick you off. This is the rhetorical equivalent of "You're ugly and your mother dresses you funny".

andimorony

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2009
    Slight correction...she is vice chair of the committee. Keep in mind if she wins and Vallario loses, she becomes chair. Understand if this occurs, any attempt to repeal FSA 2013 will be desk drawered by the chairman and never be heard by the committee. Vallario needs to win and she needs to lose.

THIS! (at a minimum)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom