• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    Here in the People's Republic of Montgomery County, all my local dem reps are running unopposed, so they can go to hell and I'll go the stay the course until November.

Can still be DINO and vote for state level Dems in the primary :) Also, you can send donations to district candidates where we stand a chance of getting 2A-friendly candidates into office.

frdfandc

Fish It
    Aug 27, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    He is a POF . He is just a glorified ambulance chase

Care to go into more detail? If not, than this is just more of a blanket statement without proof.

Regardless of the personal issues you have with him, maybe he didn't chase your ambulance, but he is a steadfast supporter of the Constitution, and is always at the forefront of defending our 2A rights in Annapolis.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    OP updated. I think it now has all DINO votes suggestions on the Senate side. Let me know what you think...

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Just remember that there are still statewide and local races to consider.

One of this local races is the contest for Sheriff in Baltimore County. The incumbent, Fisher, is an embarrassment. His opponent in the Democratic primary, Ray Boccelli, is a staunch conservative and 2A supporter.

Ray Boccelli is playing the DINO game himself. He ran as a Republican in the last election and switched over to D for this go round.

Will it be a big win with major changes? No, but it is a step in the right direction.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    Here is Bill Henry's (district 43) response to my question of, to paraphrase, what types of laws he will propose and vote for in Annapolis to to keep from criminals having firearms and using them in violent crime.

Bill Henry has responded to your question posed on Democracy.com:

"As a citizen of Baltimore City, as a city councilman, and as a candidate for the State Senate, I believe we have too many handguns and that they serve little purpose other than to threaten or hurt people, intentionally or unintentionally. Handguns are not accurate enough in most hands to be used reliably for home defense and they injure or kill more innocent people accidentally than they effectively protect. Given the opportunity, I will gladly and proudly fight to make it harder for handguns to be easily available to people who will either actively misuse them, or irresponsibly allow them to be misused. In the case of rifles and shot guns, I am also supportive of limitations on total ammunition purchases, restricting a weapon's rate of fire, and minimizing the size of its clip. In all cases, I support reasonable wait times and careful background screening. Finally, I am not as confident about the effectiveness of mandatory sentences and stiffer penalties for gun-related crimes, as such often get dropped or pled away, but I am open to the concepts."

I guess voting for him will lose no ground if he replaces J. C. Conway. I could pry more with this guy asking him to back up his claims but whats the point.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    ouch

Here is Bill Henry's (district 43) response to my question of, to paraphrase, what types of laws he will propose and vote for in Annapolis to to keep from criminals having firearms and using them in violent crime.

Bill Henry has responded to your question posed on Democracy.com:

"As a citizen of Baltimore City, as a city councilman, and as a candidate for the State Senate, I believe we have too many handguns and that they serve little purpose other than to threaten or hurt people, intentionally or unintentionally. Handguns are not accurate enough in most hands to be used reliably for home defense and they injure or kill more innocent people accidentally than they effectively protect. Given the opportunity, I will gladly and proudly fight to make it harder for handguns to be easily available to people who will either actively misuse them, or irresponsibly allow them to be misused. In the case of rifles and shot guns, I am also supportive of limitations on total ammunition purchases, restricting a weapon's rate of fire, and minimizing the size of its clip. In all cases, I support reasonable wait times and careful background screening. Finally, I am not as confident about the effectiveness of mandatory sentences and stiffer penalties for gun-related crimes, as such often get dropped or pled away, but I am open to the concepts."

I guess voting for him will lose no ground if he replaces J. C. Conway. I could pry more with this guy asking him to back up his claims but whats the point.

Thanks! Wow, that reply is not good. What to do...
    For reference, this is what we have found on Conway
    • cosponsor of FSA
    • Voted Yea on a 2-hour FSA debate time limit, FSA, MJD, BB, RT, ST, TR, GT, DP, MW
    • "F" rating from NRA-PVF in 2014

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    I carefully phrased the question in a neutral tone to not show my cards on which side I was on. I got back, what I take as his unresearched politico-speak ensconced in buzz words, talking to vague goals and not what legal tools he will use to achieve them. Standard tripe for election year.
    I still think we lose nothing by helping to vote the guy in then contacting after to inform him why he got the votes. Weakens the one party power structure just a bit by flexing some DINO muscle, atrophied as it is in Baltimore.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    Yes, I suppose replacing Incumbent is best. Thing is I don't want to replace someone who just goes along with the agenda with someone who actively and aggressively pushes the agenda

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    Avy insight in the HoCo sheriffs? I have no insight/knowledge of them at all. Don't want to waste a vote one way or another. Also, looking for input on HoCo States Attorneys. Thanks.

Mr H

Banana'd

So, precision rifles would be better???

:innocent0:innocent0

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011
    So, precision rifles would be better???

:innocent0:innocent0

I guess all the leo's need to turn in their pistols for semiautomatic rifles.

And this pat is pretty damming:

Finally, I am not as confident about the effectiveness of mandatory sentences and stiffer penalties for gun-related crimes, as such often get dropped or pled away,

Last edited:

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    43 looks like one of those districts where there are no republicans running for the seat. The primary IS the election. The only influence DINOswill have is to vote out the gun banning incumbent.

A new senator may take two years to find his way to the washroom and back to vote. We will be better off with the lack of experience.

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    House District 15
    Any one but Incumbent Miller. Her anti face is buried deep in both Frosh's and Mom's backside.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    43 looks like one of those districts where there are no republicans running for the seat. The primary IS the election. The only influence DINOswill have is to vote out the gun banning incumbent.

A new senator may take two years to find his way to the washroom and back to vote. We will be better off with the lack of experience.

Excellent point!

House District 15
    Any one but Incumbent Miller. Her anti face is buried deep in both Frosh's and Mom's backside.
    Getting Dumais replaced would be nice as well

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Care to go into more detail? If not, than this is just more of a blanket statement without proof.

Regardless of the personal issues you have with him, maybe he didn't chase your ambulance, but he is a steadfast supporter of the Constitution, and is always at the forefront of defending our 2A rights in Annapolis.

he is a bully , if things don't go his way he throws a fit ( remember when he ran for judge ?) or he will make your life miserable ( how many frivolous lawsuits or unfounded allegations he has done / caused unnecessary investigations) . Ride around CC you will see Arentz and Jacobs signs together but no Smigiel why is that??? Because people in the know in CC know he is a POF , Adam Kokesh is an adamant supporter would you vote for him just because of his 2A stance?

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    House District 15

Sorry, but in 15 if Miller is dumped then Dumais wins. There are only 4 running for the house on the democratic side, three can win. Miller may be a problem, Dumais is part of the leadership and a bigger problem. Hold your nose and vote for Miller and the other two, not Dumais.:sad20:

frdfandc

Fish It
    Aug 27, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    he is a bully , if things don't go his way he throws a fit ( remember when he ran for judge ?) or he will make your life miserable ( how many frivolous lawsuits or unfounded allegations he has done / caused unnecessary investigations) . Ride around CC you will see Arentz and Jacobs signs together but no Smigiel why is that??? Because people in the know in CC know he is a POF , Adam Kokesh is an adamant supporter would you vote for him just because of his 2A stance?

Adam Kokesh does more to harm than help with his 2A stance. He is a fool. Smigiel may have done some things that make him look like a fool personally, but you can't deny what he does in Annapolis.

We need to keep those who help us in Annapolis until the tide has turned, then we go after the others we disagree with.

I wasn't a big fan of Pipkin at the local level, but I supported him when he stood steadfast against the Demon cratic machine.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    I'll also support the effort to get J. C. Conway out of the dist. 43 senator seat. She was a cosponsor of FSA 2013 as Topshelf noted. She is vulnerable in her nefarious association with the liquor industry. This goes back to her days on the city liquor board and receiving LLC contribution monies from establishments with questionable bookkeeping practices.

Recently, she blocked by not voting it out of committee a bill allowing mail order wine. That issue will go much farther with 43 voters along the Harford Rd. Boutique foodie corridor (Hamilton) than our pesky fundamental constitutional rights issue.
    After the election we might just be able to get to Henry with things like the CDC report requested by the Obama admin. Not holding my breath though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom