• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    MSI is now offering official MSI License Plates through the MVA! :)

MSILicensePlate_zps9d23c06b.png

The MDShooters trade mark will not be on the license plates.
    'KB' stands for Keep and Bear. :thumbsup:

If you would like them, please send a PM to 6pack, or email licenseplates@marylandshallissue.org with the following info:

- Full name
    - Present license plate number
    - Email address (for me to contact you in the future)
    - What kind of license plate (automobile or motorcycle)
    - How many vehicles of each type

The plates cost $25.00 from the MVA. MSI is not charging anything for them, but you must be a member to receive them and you must remain a member in good standing to keep them.

For everyone that responded to earlier threads, you DO NOT have to post again here. Over this weekend, I will be contacting everyone that posted in the earlier threads. If you posted in those threads and don't hear from me by the end of this weekend then I apologize, I missed your name and please post here.

Thanks!
    Paul

Last edited:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    So, what do they do when they are ready? Are they mailed to us?

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    So, what do they do when they are ready? Are they mailed to us?

For this initial run, once all of our info is sent to the MVA, we will have to wait a couple of weeks for them to produce the plates. Then they will send a sample for MSI's approval. Once it is approved, applications will be sent to each person, you will need to fill them out and return them to MSI with the MVA check. We will them forward the signed application to the MVA and they will mail the plates directly to you.

Once the initial run is complete, people will be able to get tags within about two weeks of ordering them.

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    I doubt it, but can we specify a specific 4-digit number?

They are given out sequentially as MVA receives the apps, so not after the first order. It is possible to try it with the first run, but it could become a real PITA for me, so I'm going to beg everyone not to ask me to do that. :)

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    They are given out sequentially as MVA receives the apps, so not after the first order. It is possible to try it with the first run, but it could become a real PITA for me, so I'm going to beg everyone not to ask me to do that. :)

I would hope that an effort would be made to secure #0001 for Patrick, if he's interested.

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    Why KB and not 2A?

Trust me, there was a butt load of debate on letter combos and most of what was first thought of has already been taken. The MVA also no longer allows three letter combos, so we have a very small list to pick from. We actually don't have 'KB' secured until the MVA has our application in hand, so that could still change.

I would hope that an effort would be made to secure #0001 for Patrick, if he's interested.

Good idea. I'm happy to see if he's interested.

I've received a lot of PM's, so just hold tight if you've sent one and not heard back from me yet. You probably won't until after the MVA accepts our application and I need to get signed forms and money from you. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom