Of all the modern handguns, why trust your life with a 1911?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sinjin

Jan 21, 2009
    Any decent-quality 1911 would have given you a much better experience. You can't blame these issues on the design when it was represented by a crappy, 3rd world knock-off. Good grief!

I'd definitely agree with this...in fact, due to the weight of a 1911, everything I've ever seen on limp-wristing would be contrary to that statement.

MAC has done plenty of videos on this...probably the best one here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_Uqtz2asE4

jasonk1229

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2013
    MD
    First Glock I had gen4 19 had to be sent back broken mag catch after 2 trips to range 300 rounds total maybe? So much for the famed Glock reliability I've been looking at the Remington 1911 enhanced

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    First Glock I had gen4 19 had to be sent back broken mag catch after 2 trips to range 300 rounds total maybe? So much for the famed Glock reliability I've been looking at the Remington 1911 enhanced

Good thing you used such a large sample size. I bet there has never been a Remington 1911 with problems.

Truthlesshero81

Sep 30, 2011
    Excellent video. I never considered that a polymer frame would be susceptible to limp wristing due to the weight of the frame.

tony b

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2012
    Joppa
    1911 and revolver by the bed . Would bet my life on the 1911 any day. Gave the glock to wife and daughter.

jasonk1229

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2013
    MD
    Damn it you educated and well informed consumers that's why I like these forums. well I really like that colt usmc edition in tan but hard to get from what I read and 2x the price

I just thought I'd share my experience with the new Glock but pushed me toward a 1911, I sent it off last week so far my most reliable handgun is a 92fs

PS ericoak you lost that bet see drthv8rs vid

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    The problem was you bought a 4th Gen Glock. Even considering Glocks QC problems as of late they don't come close to the QC problems I see with any mass produced 1911. More Colt 1911's then Glocks, more Kimber 1911's then Glocks, more Remington 1911's than Glocks, more Springfield 1911's then Glocks.

Oddly enough I don't see S&W 1911's very often for issues. Taurus 1911's either.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I've been surprised to say it, but Taurus has actually done halfway decent with their 1911's.

The finish is thin and prone to rust quickly, but they actually shoot well and don't choke as often as you'd expect them to.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    1911 and revolver by the bed . Would bet my life on the 1911 any day. Gave the glock to wife and daughter.
    A.) you love your family so much, that you've given them the best defensive weapons available.
    Or
    B.) you like yourself better, so you got the best weapons....

Which is it?:poke:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom