• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    So you did the right thing by seeking out PROPER legal advice from an ACTUAL ATTORNEY and then come and ask a bunch of NON ATTORNEY's if the legal advice was correct....a bit confused.

None the less....I do not know of a MD law that puts any power behind that sign. If you are asked to leave then you must.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    How about designing and making available a small sticker that can be easily carried in one's pocket that reads "The owner of this establishment wishes everyone to know that this is a gun-free zone. Isn't that an open invitation to would-be criminals?"

As you walk in (or by), place the sticker near the "gun-free" notice. It will no doubt be removed as soon as the owners discover it but in the meantime, it will hopefully give a few patrons at least a moment to pause and ponder the implications.

Just thinking outside the box... before my mind kicks back into the real world. :innocent0

That could be considered vandalism. Bad idea IMO

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    yep. same thing except no one will see you do it in the bathroom.

Out in public, not so much.

either way it's vandalism and not condoned here.

If you owned a business, wouldd it be ok for me to plaster stickers on your door or write on YOUR bathroom walls?

Last edited:

TonyB.

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2012
    If it is concealed, how would anyone know?

If SHTF and you have to use it. I can see the potential for a lawsuit because you're not supposed to have a firearm in these places. Technically I can conceal a firearm and carry it into any restricted area. The issue is that if you ever have to use it you're gonna have to pay the consequence. If the signs are merely a deterrent then it's not an issue.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Of course, in MD if you are carrying where there is a "no guns" sign you are likely carrying outside of your restrictions. That IS a crime. :sad20:

asdaven

Oct 30, 2013
    Maryland
    Some states have laws that prohibit carrying places that serve alcohol. Don't know if Maryland has that law. But, you can try to carry going into buisnesses, nothing illegal there. They can put a sign up. Some places mind some others probably not even though they put a sign up. I think some business owners are told to put a sign up to remove liability off them somehow.....probably the antis somehow scaring them into something they dont need to do. But, they can refuse service for any reason and tell you to leave. If you refuse to do so, your trespassing. Its a business, it private property. Then public buildings can limit carrying inside or on the premises. And they'll probably do more to you there than just ask you to leave. So, in a indirect way, its practically illegal to carry most places even with a CCW because they can turn it into a trespassing charge.

TonyB.

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2012
    At Buffalo Wild Wings and Arundel Mills mall are the two I remember. There was another but can't recall atm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom