LMT lower, Daniel Defense Mk18 Upper, TA31F

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      84.4 KB · Views: 1,043

Afdiesel

Mar 7, 2013
    Middletown
    I pity the fool!!! Actually the cans not for that gun, it just fits over the birdcage really well. I thought it looked totally bad ass though, it has me thinking about getting another socom in 5.56 for it!

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    what he said. i've shot .223 guns with .223 and .308 cans, and couldn't tell a difference. both suppressed quite well.

well enough i had no problem committing to a .308 can instead of .223 so that i can use it cross-platform.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    Not much, especially with full powered loads. There isn't much difference between my M4-2000 and 762SDN-6 when shooting .223.

I'm guessing that although it has a larger diameter for more gas to escape by it also has a larger volume that probably cancels out?

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    I'm guessing that although it has a larger diameter for more gas to escape by it also has a larger volume that probably cancels out?

No, probably more a factor of both rounds, .223 & 7.62, being supersonic. You're going to get a sonic crack so the can is only going to have limited effectiveness. They are never going to be Hollywood quiet with the full powered loads.

smg1231

Dec 15, 2012
    Ellicott City

That is how I understand it as well...

Another benefit of shooting 5.56 through a 7.62 can is the reduced chance of a baffle strike. That is why I went with a Surefire 762 can. Downside is added length/weight.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    No, probably more a factor of both rounds, .223 & 7.62, being supersonic. You're going to get a sonic crack so the can is only going to have limited effectiveness. They are never going to be Hollywood quiet with the full powered loads.

Yea I still wear hearing protection when those guys throw cans on their m16s.

Your subsonic .308 on the overhand, my friends that you let shoot it still talk about how quiet it was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom