• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nottherealfranco

MD Escapee
    Sep 24, 2014
    So I just called Freedom Armory up in PA to inquire about the rifle, and they told me that the rifle is illegal in MD because it's folded length is less than the 29 OAL requirement.. I thought it was measured from the stock fully extended?

c4snipar

Ultimate Member
    Jul 21, 2014
    Montgomery County, MD
    So I just called Freedom Armory up in PA to inquire about the rifle, and they told me that the rifle is illegal in MD because it's folded length is less than the 29 OAL requirement.. I thought it was measured from the stock fully extended?

It's not banned, so it's legal. Hate those ignorance lgs. Tell them to check the site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    If anyone is interested, Fox Firearms on Red Branch Road in Columbia has a few complete packages in stock.
    Pro-tip: recommending Fox Firearms around here is not looked upon kindly... they recently sued this forum over some petty BS.

ThawMyTongue

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2009
    Dublin, OH
    I put a paracord wrap on mine and it softens the metal, even though it doesn't really provide a good cheek weld.

If anyone is interested, Fox Firearms on Red Branch Road in Columbia has a few complete packages in stock. Price is $575.00 cash with a 3% charge for using a credit/debit card. Price includes pinning the five mags at 10 rounds. It MAY be possible to have the 30 rounders shipped out of state. Ask.

Plenty of IPs should have the VZ. After the recent debacle most of us would steer clear of Fox.

Nottherealfranco

MD Escapee
    Sep 24, 2014
    It's not banned, so it's legal. Hate those ignorance lgs. Tell them to check the site.

I asked where he got his information and he said the state police website.. Which there's a page on there that allows you to look up firearms by name to see if they're legal, and the VZ qualifies as legal. I can't find that page at the moment so I couldn't give a proper response, so I thanked him for his time and hung up.

c4snipar

Ultimate Member
    Jul 21, 2014
    Montgomery County, MD
    I asked where he got his information and he said the state police website.. Which there's a page on there that allows you to look up firearms by name to see if they're legal, and the VZ qualifies as legal. I can't find that page at the moment so I couldn't give a proper response, so I thanked him for his time and hung up.

And again, there are some local gun shops would not sell or transfer even it's listed not banned and a certain sites like PSA will not ship it here. They simply said it's their policy. I would say if there's other places you can go for, then do it and I did.

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    Baltimore Best Pawn had some listed for a very fair price. All dealings with them have been great and they are an IP here.

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011

When I went to my BIL FFL in WV I actually brought with me the printed page from the MSP sight showing the VZ is legal in Maryland. The FFL didn't want to look at it and instead called someone else to get the ok.
    I'm happy that the MSP is listing some of these otherwise controversial guns as legal in black and white. Our state seems to be kryptonite to these people.

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    Last week PSA got in another 1000 rifles from Century and as of yesterday it appears that they are no longer selling the VZ.

Classic Firearms is still selling them but for $100 more which is still a great deal and it appears they don't have a Maryland restriction but the magazines might be a problem if it comes into Maryland for transfer.

c4snipar

Ultimate Member
    Jul 21, 2014
    Montgomery County, MD
    Last week PSA got in another 1000 rifles from Century and as of yesterday it appears that they are no longer selling the VZ.

Classic Firearms is still selling them but for $100 more which is still a great deal and it appears they don't have a Maryland restriction but the magazines might be a problem if it comes into Maryland for transfer.

Yup, PSA no longer have stock. And the cheapest I can find online is classic for $500 plus tax and shipping and transfer fee, it should be under $600!

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    Yup, PSA no longer have stock. And the cheapest I can find online is classic for $500 plus tax and shipping and transfer fee, it should be under $600!

If it's anything like what I got from PSA its still a deal.
    I heard a rumor before PSA pulled it but it seems that some other countries government decided to purchase some of the excess stock.
    I hope that's not true because it will not end up in enthusiasts hands to develop the platform.

Feb 28, 2013
    If anyone is interested, Fox Firearms on Red Branch Road in Columbia has a few complete packages in stock. Price is $575.00 cash with a 3% charge for using a credit/debit card. Price includes pinning the five mags at 10 rounds. It MAY be possible to have the 30 rounders shipped out of state. Ask.

I went to Fox Firearms a couple of months ago and asked if it is possible
    to have the 30 rounds mags mailed to VA.
    The answer was "do not do it any more".

As Erwos mentioned, Fox isn't very popular around here and for good reason. Long story short, they wanted to advertise for free and were promptly stopped from doing so.

Several of our IP's sell VZ's, and will treat you better. Duffy's in Sparks is one of them.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Find someone that will transfer to an OOS FFL. Get the mags. Don't pay top dollar and lose them, they are the BEST part of the deal. Mags, pouch, and a great gun.

Some places have played with the price a bit to entice you in but are leaving the mags out.

Easier to get the mags at time of purchase. If you get them later, you will have to pay an full retail for them or at the very least an FFL markup. Not saying FFLs shouldn't do that. The name of the game is making MONEY. :D

I am wondering with a newer batch of newbies, maybe we can get a group buy and someone like Hog Sniper/HighRockOutfitters can get them in again. It is where I got mine, with all 5 mags unpinned! :party29:

.458 Dave

Sep 10, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    I am wondering with a newer batch of newbies, maybe we can get a group buy and someone like Hog Sniper/HighRockOutfitters can get them in again. It is where I got mine, with all 5 mags unpinned! :party29:

I bought mine from High Rock outfitters in april and have been really happy with it. Yes, the unpinned mags were awesome :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom