• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Apr 10, 2023
    I was at a low point in my life a few years ago and I was homeless . A friend recommended I go to a drug rehab instead of a shelter ( rehab helps with housing and other personal issues ) I've been clean 4 years now and as of August obtain a job that requires me to get a wear and carry . I guess my question is will the rehab disqualify me from such license ?

DadOSix

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 25, 2013
    Allegany Co.
    Seriously just wanted to jump on here and say 'Congrats! and Well Done!'

What a great personal statement. My Grand'dad was beaten down by alcohol. I admire your determination to overcome!

Apr 10, 2023
    Seriously just wanted to jump on here and say 'Congrats! and Well Done!'

What a great personal statement. My Grand'dad was beaten down by alcohol. I admire your determination to overcome!
    Thanks man people don't realize it's not just the addict who suffers . its everyone around them also

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I too applaud the OP for the courage it took to post his message. Although I do not have an answer for the OP's question, I wish the OP the best in continuing to stay clean. Great job my friend.

Cal68

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Doesn't say anything about drug rehab. And here is the definition of "habitual user". Seems to me anything "habitual" needed to have some sort of criminal offense attached to it. So unless you were arrested with some sort of drug offense, me personally I wouldn't even bring it up and answer no. Question 15.
    bc7cd99ed87952d220220873bed2e431.jpg

Apr 10, 2023
    While I don’t know the answer and won’t guess at it I respect the OP greatly for his upward climb out.

You need to look at MSP Form 77R to see if you meet the requirements to purchase a handgun.

That should give you a good idea if you can qualify for a wear and carry permit.
    Yup I also downloaded the w@c app example . Based on the plain language of the application I'm not a prohibited person only same thing I was curious about was my stent in a rehab

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Doesn't say anything about drug rehab. And here is the definition of "habitual user". Seems to me anything "habitual" needed to have some sort of criminal offense attached to it. So unless you were arrested with some sort of drug offense, me personally I wouldn't even bring it up and answer no. Question 15.

I can't read the OP's mind , but my first thought was concern about Rehab being considered inpatient mental health care , rather than the previous drug use per se

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I can't read the OP's mind , but my first thought was concern about Rehab being considered inpatient mental health care , rather than the previous drug use per se
    Indeed. However, the mental health question being posed certainly differentiates the 2.

Apr 10, 2023
    Great advice thanks

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Yup I also downloaded the w@c app example . Based on the plain language of the application I'm not a prohibited person only same thing I was curious about was my stent in a rehab
    Sounds like you are good to go. I have friends of very good friends that were not so fortunate to kick the habit and had very short lives.

I too am proud of your accomplishment.

Apr 10, 2023
    Sounds like you are good to go. I have friends of very good friends that were not so fortunate to kick the habit and had very short lives.

I too am proud of your accomplishment.
    Yea same I still get a phone call once a month about someone overdosing on fentanyl :( China needs to be held accountable for the dumping that trash on our streets ! In my eyes that's an act of war !

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Yea same I still get a phone call once a month about someone overdosing on fentanyl :( China needs to be held accountable for the dumping that trash on our streets ! In my eyes that's an act of war !
    Overdosing as in intentionally using it, or being poisoned by it being mixed in with some other drug?

Apr 10, 2023
    All the above ! Majority of overdoses prior to 2014 / 15 came from people mixing opioids with a benzo ( Xanax Valium ect .. ) but with the fentanyl now you're seeing people overdose on fent alone

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom