• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speaker2Wolves

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 27, 2012
    Such a place would be nice but a liability in a facility where you are going to have all levels of shooters and all levels of prudence.

The navy manages it. But they have certain advantages.

To do it safely, it's really something that has to be classroom-based and standardized. i.e. you have care and feeding of the 45 ACP one night, care and feeding of the revolver another night, etc. That might not be cost-effective.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Thats part of my business plan for a place of my own. Classes and Instruction is highly sought after. I have over 400 people wanting just my basic AR Class. I cant imagine how many would jump for other speficific areas of instruction. Even Scope And Optics mounting would be in high demand.

You would be surprised how many folks just want to know how to clean their firearm.

I am really considering charging for all the 'classes' I have done on the Ruger Mark I/II/III models not to mention the Ruger LCP!

Funny no one has asked me for one on the Glock!

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    . ]Is he currently an officer in another club and proposing this?

. Where are the millions of dollars coming from?

. Who are his investors?

. Doesn't pass the smell test?

JR9390

Jan 2, 2012
    would love to see a good range start up in the area that training classes can be taught at. I'm not so sure that i'd want to train indoors but am open to try it.

Ruger556

Jan 10, 2012
    Central Maryland
    New Indoor Training Facility Coming To Central Maryland - Input Needed

A person who I consider a friend and a strong advocate of the 2nd Amendment is spearheading an effort to develop a state of the art training facility in the DC Metro area.

I'm impressed by his vision for this project but he is still seeking input from the largest body of shooters that he can survey and I of course told him that I could handle that for him. :D

As such I am forwarding his request to have you take the survey at this link:

http://www.officer.com/blog/10706558/the-irony-of-training

Scroll down a ways and you will see the link to the survey. I was not able to get the link to work directly from here.

Here's a chance for MDS to help shape the future of a major new training facility that sounds as if it will dwarf anything else in the region.

I have no personal investment in this project and am only forwarding the survey as a courtesy to the principal person involved in it.

Done...Wishing the Best

Last edited by a moderator:

Bob Lee $wagger

Roll Tide
    Jan 5, 2013
    Orange Beach, Alabama
    New Indoor Training Facility Coming To Central Maryland - Input Needed

A person who I consider a friend and a strong advocate of the 2nd Amendment is spearheading an effort to develop a state of the art training facility in the DC Metro area.

I'm impressed by his vision for this project but he is still seeking input from the largest body of shooters that he can survey and I of course told him that I could handle that for him. :D

As such I am forwarding his request to have you take the survey at this link:

http://www.officer.com/blog/10706558/the-irony-of-training

Scroll down a ways and you will see the link to the survey. I was not able to get the link to work directly from here.

Here's a chance for MDS to help shape the future of a major new training facility that sounds as if it will dwarf anything else in the region.

I have no personal investment in this project and am only forwarding the survey as a courtesy to the principal person involved in it.
    Done......Best of luck in your endeavor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom