• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Done. Of the elements mentioned, an indoor 100yd range on this side of the river struck me as the standout.

Yup. Sounds like it just might happen, though I bet 75 is more likely.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Even though I took the survey it was pretty confining. I kept looking for an "It Depends" button.

For instance, "If there were leagues would you join them?".

I think this person should open a thread if he hasn't already for input as FreeState did.

Although that thread got way stupid at times, I still think there were some useful opinions/wants.

joppaj

Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Done. I'm probably in the minority, but I really hate that they ask about crap like dart boards and pool tables. Ranges are overcrowded as it is, I don't want to pay extra for a social club so that people are more inclined to sit around.

Yes, I'm feeling grouchy this morning.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I think this person should open a thread if he hasn't already for input as FreeState did.

Feel free to continue to post comments here. They will be read.:thumbsup:

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Done. I'm probably in the minority, but I really hate that they ask about crap like dart boards and pool tables. Ranges are overcrowded as it is, I don't want to pay extra for a social club so that people are more inclined to sit around.

You'll be happy to know that your opinion is shared by the main person behind this.

There's a reason why the term "training facility" is being specifically used.

joppaj

Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    You'll be happy to know that your opinion is shared by the main person behind this.

There's a reason why the term "training facility" is being specifically used.

:thumbsup:

THAT makes me happy.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Took the survey. Seems like they're going for the same paradigm as Silver Eagle Group, but avoiding the initial mistake of thinking there's a super-high-end sportsman market that will pay huge money for exclusive perks.

I'd be damned impressed if they managed a 100yd indoor range. There's a lot of obstacles to doing that.

herr.baer

Maryland Escapee
    Dec 27, 2007
    Tennessee

I don't think the dart boards and pool tables are to be used as a social cub but more as a way to pass time while waiting on a lane or a class to begin. I would much rather have that then just sit there waiting. Time would pass much faster. :thumbsup:

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    Heard a rumor from some Frederick LEOs this past weekend that something (indoor facility in Frederick county) may be in the works. Same thing?

joppaj

Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I'd pay a little more for a stocked cleaning room. Maybe have some things like patches available for purchase and jigs/ brushes/ rods available for rental. I hate cleaning a handgun when I get home since I don't really have a workspace for it.

K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    The demand in MD for a range in the DC/Balt. area is pretty huge, based on my experiences at Gilbert's and Freestate, and reading reports here on the forum about MSAR, Select Fire, and On Target.

I wish these guys luck. I estimate maybe two years(?) to take this idea from the online survey to opening day, with all the zoning/investor/construction hoops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom