• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    Just a note and not meant to be a hijack. Lock loaners beware...there are those in our community who shouldn't be trusted with your lock.

I loaned my .223 lock to a forum member April 13th this year for an AR pistol he had bought. I sent it to him, paying the postage and only asked that when he returned the lock to include the postage I had paid. No other cost. Well after at least 2.5 dozen PMs back and forth with multiple excuses on his end, no lock.

His last PM was overly apologetic and that it would be sent out the next morning. Yeah right. Still no lock. I've PMed him since then with no response at all. I ain't getting it back. Oh well. Although I have several calibers to loan, I won't loan any more locks. Just beware!

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    Just a note and not meant to be a hijack. Lock loaners beware...there are those in our community who shouldn't be trusted with your lock.

I loaned my .223 lock to a forum member April 13th this year for an AR pistol he had bought. I sent it to him, paying the postage and only asked that when he returned the lock to include the postage I had paid. No other cost. Well after at least 2.5 dozen PMs back and forth with multiple excuses on his end, no lock.

His last PM was overly apologetic and that it would be sent out the next morning. Yeah right. Still no lock. I've PMed him since then with no response at all. I ain't getting it back. Oh well. Although I have several calibers to loan, I won't loan any more locks. Just beware!

Name names so the person isn't loaned a lock from this list.

PM sent. Feel free to post if appropriate.

Let me know too. I think it is appropriate. This is a community based lock exchange. If we have people not returning locks, then others like you may be wary about lending them out. It is unfortunate that user has not and most likely will not return your lock. The list is pretty much a directory, lenders still have the option to not lend their locks to a specific person if they don't want to. That's why I think you should atleast reconsider your willingness to be added to the list/ potentially lending to another member.

But trust me, I was wondering what can be done to prevent locks not being returned. Besides lenders holding onto a deposit till locks returned, i dont know. And people holding someone else's money raises concerns as well.

The person who did not return your lock will be added to a "Do not lend to anymore" list I can put on the spreadsheet. If they finally return the lock or reimburse you for it then they will be removed. Does this sound like a good idea for potential problems?

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    DkKnight

I don't really like calling anyone out, but if it'll help prevent others from losing locks so be it. Truth is, I've lent this lock out twice before to others and had it returned. I had to special order the .223 from VisuaLock to start with; too bad it's gone. There are plenty of good guys; just hard to know who is who until it's too late.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    DkKnight

I don't really like calling anyone out, but if it'll help prevent others from losing locks so be it. Truth is, I've lent this lock out twice before to others and had it returned. I had to special order the .223 from VisuaLock to start with; too bad it's gone. There are plenty of good guys; just hard to know who is who until it's too late.

Not sure if this will help, but I gave it a try for you.

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?p=3411447#post3411447

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    Please out the guy. There needs to be consequences for being an asshat.

BTW, I have 9 mm and .22 locks that I would be willing to lend. I live in Westminster.

Thanks, added!

DkKnight

Im sorry that happened to you. .223 lock wouldve been a great asset to have for the lock exchange. Especially now when AR pistols and SBRs are being approved on the Handgun Roster.

Not sure if this will help, but I gave it a try for you.

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?p=3411447#post3411447

If any chance you remember the address you mailed it to, can always try snail mail in asking for it back? Last time he was on was August 19th and last thing he commented on was back in April.

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    hard copy back up attached. Once in awhile I will be posting a hard copy back up when significant changes have been made. This will safeguard the community from a complete lost of a Lock Exchange.

In this copy:
    -I hyperlinked usernames in the spreadsheet to make it easier. That way people just click it, brings it to the lender's page and a PM can be sent to lender.
    -created filters for the calibers
    -created a "Lock not returned" sheet as well

still open to suggestions.

Attachments

• MD Shooters Bore Lock Exchange.xlsx
      34.2 KB · Views: 79

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    Thanks, added!

Im sorry that happened to you. .223 lock wouldve been a great asset to have for the lock exchange. Especially now when AR pistols and SBRs are being approved on the Handgun Roster.

If any chance you remember the address you mailed it to, can always try snail mail in asking for it back? Last time he was on was August 19th and last thing he commented on was back in April.

I have his address, but after the many emails back and forth and the details included I don't know if that will have any effect.

Seems funny the date you quote above. The last PM that he actually replied to was the one I sent on 7/19; he replied and apologized on 7/20 promising to send it the next day. The next PM I sent was on August 19th(hmm...coincidence:rolleyes:) which went unanswered (seems he saw the PM though). Never heard a peep after that...

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Maybe you should post his address and full name.

Slow down there cowboy. ;)
    This isn't in the water cooler; we don't need to be posting up the addresses of fellow gun owners in a public forum. May as well put a "there are guns here to steal!" sign in his yard. Even if is a douche, he doesn't deserve that.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    This isn't in the water cooler; we don't need to be posting up the addresses of fellow gun owners in a public forum. May as well put a "there are guns here to steal!" sign in his yard. Even if is a douche, he doesn't deserve that.

That is a good point. If you PM me his address, I would be happy to drop a postcard in the mail to him asking that he return the lock.

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    I have his address, but after the many emails back and forth and the details included I don't know if that will have any effect.

Seems funny the date you quote above. The last PM that he actually replied to was the one I sent on 7/19; he replied and apologized on 7/20 promising to send it the next day. The next PM I sent was on August 19th(hmm...coincidence:rolleyes:) which went unanswered (seems he saw the PM though). Never heard a peep after that...

[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with Haides, no need to put his full name/address here. I was merely suggesting an alternative means of contact. Looking at his MDS page, it doesnt seem he is a very active member. Give the benefit of the doubt he also doesnt check his email regularly. Perhaps a letter stating you'd appreciate your lock back because 1, it is yours, 2. so others can potentially use it in the future. Can tell him not returning it has now flagged him on MDShooters as someone to not lend anything anymore. Could remind him also karma is a b*tch. :lol2:
    Also it only costs 49 cents to mail a letter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom