• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    As of tomorrow there will be a new commander at licensing division. Captain Brady is gone and captain Stachurski is in. Good,bad, the same, only time will tell. Time for everyone to break out their crystal balls. :D

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    Well that's interesting. I have some PIA responses due and some other stuff I'm waiting on from Brady. Hopefully I'll find out if this is good or bad real quick.

Did she go up or out? There was some shady stuff happening in LD with the deletion of evidence of misdeeds that I contacted people about within the past week.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    She's not out-out. She and Stachurski will be co-commanding informally for a while, until Stachurski is trained up on licensing division business. "transitional"

I believe Brady is being moved up in Support Services.

I wasnt going say anything about it till tomorrow when its official.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    And other times people get a "courtesy raise" just before they retire to bump up their retirement payout

Jack McCauley

Oct 16, 2014
    Do we have information on Captain Stachurski?

Captain Starchurski is a GREAT person. He is level headed, competent and extremely intelligent. One of the best to work with. He is taking over the worst post in the Department. But, his ability to effectuate any changes rests on the leadership above him.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Captain Starchurski is a GREAT person. He is level headed, competent and extremely intelligent. One of the best to work with. He is taking over the worst post in the Department. But, his ability to effectuate any changes rests on the leadership above him.
    Worst post in the department? Is it a punishment?

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012

Jack: So, who did he offend to get assigned to the "worst post"? And what makes it the worst post apart from being pushed to the trailers in the parking lot at Pikesville? Seems like a punishment for someone of that caliber. I actually have a dog in this fight as my informal review on permit restrictions was (is?) pending before Captain Brady.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009

Coming from you, that is extremely encouraging to hear.

Hopefully he will be open to doing things the right way as opposed to the we've always done it that way way.

Jack McCauley

Oct 16, 2014
    Worst post in the department? Is it a punishment?

Historically this post has either been a punishment, a shut you up because you rocked the boat, or we finally decided to make some changes and need strong leadership. And at times, all three of those factors were involved. The division has many strong employees currently. But for years it was the dumping ground for those who were about to be fired. More civilian employees found themselves terminated from this division than any other. Colonel Palozzi never had much control over that until now. He has been slowly transforming the division. Captain Starchurski is likely taking this post because of his close relationship with Col Palozzi, having previously served as his Executive Officer. You will likely see him there for a short period of time. He is an extremely valuable asset to the Department. He is a great asset to those who are looking for the Change Maryland promise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom