• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Did you pay the extra $10.00 for the hand pick and how much was the approx. shipping. I was thinking of picking one up also. Thanks.:)

I didn't see a "hand pick" choice for this gun, but I may have missed it.
    Shipping to my zip code (P.G. co.) was $33. Shipping and gun was $112 total.

garber38

Custom tailored ionizer
    Dec 27, 2006
    Somewhere in PA.
    Thanks for the info. Great post as usual. Any good links on ammo for that new puppy? All of the new production ammo is between $18-24 per box, but there is one website that I can't find right now that has some bulk spam can corrosive that was modestely priced.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    I don't know of any corrosive ammo for the Nagant revolver and I think the Russian yello box taget ammo is non-corrosive, but don't hold me to that.
    If you have a source for Russian milsurp ammo, then jump on it because it is the full powered stuff.

I bought Hot Shot 7.62 x 38R because it was a little bit cheaper than Fiochii. I spent about $24 for 50 rounds and I ordered some other ammo as well and shipping on all was $10. I think if you order a few hundred rounds it would still be $10.
    The lowest price I have seen for Fiocchi is $30 and one distributor is actually charging $50 for 50 rounds :wtf:

I bought my ammo from AIM surplus http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/762_Nagant.html

garber38

Custom tailored ionizer
    Dec 27, 2006
    Somewhere in PA.
    I don't know of any corrosive ammo for the Nagant revolver and I think the Russian yello box taget ammo is non-corrosive, but don't hold me to that.
    If you have a source for Russian milsurp ammo, then jump on it because it is the full powered stuff.

I bought Hot Shot 7.62 x 38R because it was a little bit cheaper than Fiochii. I spent about $24 for 50 rounds and I ordered some other ammo as well and shipping on all was $10. I think if you order a few hundred rounds it would still be $10.
    The lowest price I have seen for Fiocchi is $30 and one distributor is actually charging $50 for 50 rounds :wtf:

I bought my ammo from AIM surplus http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/762_Nagant.html

Yeah, I think that I was looking at the Russian 7.62 for the rifle. Thanks for the info.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    where are the pictures !!!

DSCF0358.jpg

DSCF0359.jpg

DSCF0360.jpg

Falkus

Dating Scarlett Johansson
    Feb 26, 2007
    Undisclosed location
    How much did you pay for that ?

I see it on AIM for 79 bucks, how much was the shipping ( Never mind, I found out that you paid 33 bucks and I think I am going to do it)

I am thinking of grabbing one of them since i have 03 Licence. How much are the ammo ?

Last edited:

garber38

Custom tailored ionizer
    Dec 27, 2006
    Somewhere in PA.

Most of the stuff is new from about $23.00 a box up to $30 or more. I am looking for some milsurp stuff. Let's keep looking.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Hey novus, have you tried shooting any .32 S&W or .32 S&W longs from your Nagant?

Haven't shot it yet. I want to try .32 H&R magnums out of it, but as I have read someplace online (and we all know how much we can believe what we read online :rolleyes:) that it causes problems if you go back to shooting regular Nagant ammo and makes them hard to extract. I doubt it is true because so many people have fired them with no damage, but I may wait to get a second one to experiment with before I try.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Novus, you might want to check over at gunboards.com. They have a Nagant forum over there and those guys talk all day long about what has and hasn't worked for them. Like any internet source, as you say, you need to take it with a grain of salt, but my experience with the C&R community over there is there are some (and only some :) )pretty good knowledgeable people present.

http://www.gunboards.com/forums/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=21

garber38

Custom tailored ionizer
    Dec 27, 2006
    Somewhere in PA.
    Novus, you might want to check over at gunboards.com. They have a Nagant forum over there and those guys talk all day long about what has and hasn't worked for them. Like any internet source, as you say, you need to take it with a grain of salt, but my experience with the C&R community over there is there are some (and only some :) )pretty good knowledgeable people present.

http://www.gunboards.com/forums/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=21

I was over there looking at that forum today and ran across this link that talks of some of the overall aspects of the Nagant. I am going to pick one up next week from Aim. http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/Bunker/4064/PersCollection/M1895page.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom