• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tommy gunn

Apr 7, 2012
    calvert county
    I was just wondering about muzzle loader season is all. Unfortunately I'll be off from the 17th- 27th. I have yet to shoot my new( to me) mosin and I need some ak time.

Outerlimits

Feb 21, 2009
    Port Tobacco/Cape Coral Fl
    Anybody go to MG since it reopened? I'm thinking about venturing there for the first time next week...

I shot their on Tues. Had the whole range to myself. Was a little wet and muddy, but not bad. The 100yd fencing at the end of the range was missing. When I was leaving one other guy came down and set up. Wasnt your normal mass of humanity their.

MattWasHere

New guy
    Dec 5, 2012
    St Mary's
    I shot their on Tues. Had the whole range to myself. Was a little wet and muddy, but not bad. The 100yd fencing at the end of the range was missing. When I was leaving one other guy came down and set up. Wasnt your normal mass of humanity their.

You, sir, are a professional. I guess it's good gouge to go when it's nasty out if you want a private range. I'll let you guys know when I finally make it out. I think my SKS needs out of the closet...

ThisGuy918

Nov 11, 2011
    MG is awesome when the weather is complete poo. I have been there at least 5 times when it was raining and there was at most 2 groups including ours.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    How does management feel about someone setting up a small canopy while they're there in the rain/drizzle?

As long as it leaves with you and doesn't upset any other range users, your good to go.

*Making them envious/jealous is a whole diff't story though. ;)

IJM

Ultimate Member
    Apr 7, 2012
    District of Columbia
    Thanks. I don't mind getting rained on, but I hate getting my good guns wet. A canopy would be nice, but it'll be a cold day in Hell before we see that.

Suleiman

Feb 11, 2011
    Indian Head
    Is the place gonna be packed today with a lot of people off for the holiday? I was thinking about heading out, but I don't want to wait an hour to shoot.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Someone sure was diehard at the Grove this afternoon. I was setting on the edge of the field at the farm and some one was pulling off rounds between 3PM and 5PM. Who was it ?

RockyTheDog

Sep 5, 2011
    Someone sure was diehard at the Grove this afternoon. I was setting on the edge of the field at the farm and some one was pulling off rounds between 3PM and 5PM. Who was it ?

That'd be me and my son. He was trying out some of the moisin ammo I got him for Christmas.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    That'd be me and my son. He was trying out some of the moisin ammo I got him for Christmas.

I hear ya. I'm just glad I wasn't the only one out in the rain. I sat in a head wind for about 2 hours with my Muzzleloader right on the edge of the field. I just got done cleaning it out a little while ago. The powder was 100% dry and I basically wasted 100 grains of powder, but,better to waste it and put fresh in instead of finding out when the Deer is 40 yards away again.

My buddy was about 250 yards up the field from me and I later found out he had his screw in tree stand umbrella. I was hold tight under a 16" felled Pine trunk from the 2010 snow storm.

I'm never shocked someone being that range when it's raining. I'm only about 1 mile away as the crow flies. I hear everything that goes on over there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom