• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Either way your still getting to shoot for cheaper than going to a range and paying range time.

If your not going too often, just do the day pass until end of July, then get your annual pass.

Beginning of August, be ready to show your permit, DNR makes more than a few appearances looking for expired permits - $250 fine per person.

Viper-Snipe

May 13, 2012
    Either way your still getting to shoot for cheaper than going to a range and paying range time.

If your not going too often, just do the day pass until end of July, then get your annual pass.

Beginning of August, be ready to show your permit, DNR makes more than a few appearances looking for expired permits - $250 fine per person.

What permit is this?

Chris0nllyn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 6, 2012
    Calvert County
    I'm thinking about taking a half day on Friday and hit up MG for the first time.

How is the crowd normally on mid-day Fridays?

I know it's supposed to be hot as balls Friday...so I hope not too many folks will be there.

::EDIT:: Looks like it's supposed to thunderstorm.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    I'm thinking about taking a half day on Friday and hit up MG for the first time.

I know it's supposed to be hot as balls Friday...so I hope not too many folks will be there.

The best times to go is during the weekend, it is way over crouded during the week, Everyone thinks the same way that it is best to go during the middle of the week when everyonoe is working. This isnt the case.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    It's been back and forth lately, sometimes during the week it's been busy, other times the weekend - it's really a crap-shoot at this point.

Yes Viper-Snipe, I mean the Myrtle Grove Range permit, you don't want the fine for having no permit, those $250 range days add up quick.

tomgreco

Ammo addict
    Sep 17, 2009
    Indian Head, MD

::EDIT:: Looks like it's supposed to thunderstorm.

Starting in July you should be able to buy your 2012-2013 permit. http://www.dnr.state.md.us/wildlife/publiclands/southern/myrtlegrove.asp

In my experience, the best time to go is during the week. Saturdays are jammed.

tommy gunn

Apr 7, 2012
    calvert county
    I made the mistake of going yesterday. It was so stinking hot it wasn't even funny. What made it worse we all got 40 minute lecture from the guy with the zztop beard.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Al only gets a couple minute lecture..., I may or may not know that from experience. :innocent0

Them boys must've been having too much fun if they got a nice lil 40 minute lecture.

tommy gunn

Apr 7, 2012
    calvert county
    I got bitched at cause I couldn't find cloths pins so I stapled my cardboard to the frame. Another guy got it cause he tied his stand down. I have no idea why he did that. Then we all got lectured about controlling our brass cause some one called the cops a couple of days ago cause he was getting hit with hot brass. The rest of the time was just story's about random things people were using for targets.

Braddbdl

Fed up Libertarian
    Mar 30, 2010
    Oviedo, FL
    I got bitched at cause I couldn't find cloths pins so I stapled my cardboard to the frame. Another guy got it cause he tied his stand down. I have no idea why he did that. Then we all got lectured about controlling our brass cause some one called the cops a couple of days ago cause he was getting hit with hot brass. The rest of the time was just story's about random things people were using for targets.

Okay, this wasn't me by the way, but somebody school me. Whats wrong with cardboard and staples? I find clothes pins to be fairly ineffective, especially in windy conditions. Iv'e never used anything other than staples, I just staple my cardboard to the stand and then staple my targets to my cardboard... Heck if they are going to get all in a hissy over that, then I will just bring my own stand next time I go down there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom