• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Not to minimize the seriousness, but it is quite possible mooseman spent his last lucid moments on MDS.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Thank you guys for the pics. Another one of the good guys like Lambo, PitJeep, GuyLaFrance, Spltter et al. We're that much poorer today, my deepest condolences to Mooseman's family.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Thanks for posting the pictures Joe, I just can't seem to gather any words as it starts to sink in.

Jeff,
    I'm exactly where you are. It can't be real, but it is real. What I do know is life is short. The times we have with those closest to us is even shorter.

Tonight many of the things Buck and I talked about personally and things he and I have shared over the past few years have flashed through my brain. They can't be over! Never seeing Buck again was never in my future plans. Honestly? For me, it's like I've just lost a brother or a son.

And it hasn't completely sunk in yet.

oldsarge

Old & Crusty
    Jan 14, 2009
    Calvert County
    This is realy a shock. Although I never met him, Mooseman was one of the members here that I enjoyed reading posts from. My condolences to his family. May he rest in peace.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Damn... I'm very sorry to all that were blessed to call him this friend. May he rest in peace.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Prayers of comfort for his family. I really enjoyed knowing him through here.
    Life is short.

I went looking for pictures of him with his beloved dog Beenie and found this:

Thank You MDS for Being Here for Me

I want to take a minute today and say thank you to everyone here. Three years ago today I joined MDS. I had been here a few times before that. I was led here by search engine links. I finally joined and participated here as a distraction. My father had cancer and was dying. I needed a distraction to get my mind off of things for a little bit. I was losing my father and friend. Had it not been for the distraction of MDS I would have lost my mind. On January 31, 2012 my father was taken away from his pain and suffering. There was plenty of that left for me. I am thankful that MDS was here to take my mind off of things.

After that, I have had many things happen in my life that I needed to be distracted from. 2013 was a bad year for me. I tore my biceps muscle at work. It was painful and my arm will never be the same. Several months prior to that I had an incident happen at work. Per the advice of attorneys, I still cannot discuss that, but MDS was here for me. You have helped me through several surgeries on my dogs. The wife and I never had children so these dogs are our children. I know many here see it as wrong to look at our dogs like that, but we do.

I just want to say, thank you MDS. I have made many good friends here. I appreciate the support that I have received here.

Sleep well my friend

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      87.6 KB · Views: 394

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    So sorry to learn the news. He had been a real presence on the board, brightening many threads, often offering advice. Always enjoyed reading his posts. Condolences to his family and second family, the Hooligans on MDS.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Thanks to all for their thoughts and prayers. I'll make sure they are delivered to Mooseman's wife and family. I know they will appreciate them and will take comfort in knowing how many lives Buck touched. He was admired and loved by many people. It's important his family knows what was thought of him.
    :thumbsup:

Laddertowr

trigger puller
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 3, 2013
    Im lost for words...I'd just met Buck (mooseman) a few weeks back when he came to my home in Flintstone... Seemed like a top shelf guy to me and I was looking forward to seeing him again this comming weekend when im back up in western MD...

I know for a fact that Mooseman spoke very highly of the group here on the form and his Hooligan buds...

RIP Buck

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Just happened upon this post... I'm speechless... MDS has suffered a great loss. RIP Brother... Although I did not know Buck personally, I have lost a friend. To all the Hooligans and to the families... may God comfort you in this time. I am so, so saddened by this news.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom