• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    Just filled out the paperwork for my first purchase since getting my HQL. What a load of sheet! It seems like there is more paperwork than before and then what was the whole fingerprinting and record searches for, then they do them all over again before you get the new handgun. I have to say, this is really bad. With the HQL, you should be able to just take it home without a 8 day release. F the nanny state!

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I posted a thread last week about the very same thing. You would think that after jumping through hoops to get the HQL there would be less paperwork than before, not more. Also, my "not disapproved" came back in one day but I still can't take it home until day eight. What exactly does my HQL do for me?

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    At least you have to jump through the same hoops to buy a handgun as you do to vote. Oh, wait....

I broke my HQL in on a P83, and for shits and giggles, I just ordered one of the $130 HiPoint .40s from Lanbo's Armory.

54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    Haven'[t bought one since 10/1 yet! tell me more about the paper work!!!

There is the 2 page form plus another for MSP, and it seemed like a fourth page to fill out. I must have taken at least 20 minutes to do it. No short cut after all the background checks.

gstaniii

Oct 11, 2013
    Ellicott City
    1st HQL Purchase

That is depressing - I just rec'd my HQL today (10 days after application) and am planning to test it @ Bass Pro this weekend on a new Beretta Neos. Was hoping for at least a break on the amount of paperwork- oh well :tdown:

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    That is depressing - I just rec'd my HQL today (10 days after application) and am planning to test it @ Bass Pro this weekend on a new Beretta Neos. Was hoping for at least a break on the amount of paperwork- oh well :tdown:

Bass pro paperwork is brutal. Their forms, state forms, federal forms and everything double checked by another employee. Minimum 40 minutes. Took me an hour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom