• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Yesterday evening around 11:00 pm my father Richard Andrew Ost, a veteran of more than a decade of hard service for our country in vietnam and elsewhere, passed away at the Baltimore VA medical center.

Any prayers would be very much appreciated. He is a good man who gave up everything to raise myself and my brothers, and kept NOTHING for himself.

He taught me how to survive, and how to be evenhanded. I will miss him for the rest of my life.

May God grant you peace as you struggle to deal with the loss of your Dad. He is in a better place and free from whatever ailed him here on earth.

Romans 8:18 King James Version (KJV)

For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    I am very sorry for your loss. As many others here, I lost mine and want to tell him so much...every day. Sincerest condolences for you and your family.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    Oh my!!! I am so sorry to hear this!

I know your dad meant the world to you and you took such good care of him when he needed you as his health faltered You are the arrow from your father's bow and the infinite path flows through you to the next generation.

Prayers for you during this difficult time. Please do not hesitate to call on me if you need anything, my friend.

You know, while the rest of the country seems to fall apart I am constantly touched by the humanity of the people on this forum, and in the 2A community in general.

I can't begin to tell you how much it means to have your prayers and well wishes, guys.

I pretty much shut down after everything happened, then tried to act like nothing happened. Now I've started making some of the arrangements and I feel like I've taken the first few hard steps down the path, away from where he fell. I don't feel better about him being gone, but I do know that he taught me to be strong enough to shoulder this burden. My father was literally the most stubborn and strong man I've ever known, and he gave up everything when my mom passed when we were young to take care of us. He sacrificed every pleasure and comfort for himself so that we could have it better, and live well. I took care of him when his health started to fade, but I still feel like I could never begin to repay 1/1000th percent of the love and lessons he gave to me. He never turned his back on me when I needed it, and he never let me make the wrong and easy choice, even when it would have been INFINITELY easier for him to do so. He literally taught me everything I know about being a man.

I keep flashing back to memories of when I was young, and everything was so nice, and so safe. I had no idea how much he was working to make my world and my country that way. He never once made any mention of any special effort, or let on that it was even feasible to do less.

I don't know why it's so hard for people to see the core of decent humanity that makes up the people like my father, and the people on this forum.

You guys are the best.

Thank you, from my whole family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom