• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Oh my!!! I am so sorry to hear this!

I know your dad meant the world to you and you took such good care of him when he needed you as his health faltered You are the arrow from your father's bow and the infinite path flows through you to the next generation.

Prayers for you during this difficult time. Please do not hesitate to call on me if you need anything, my friend.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Sorry for you loss. I lost my Dad in July. I think about him everyday, and carry him with me always.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Very sorry to hear. Know that you have a family here to support you if needed.

dan8480

Gun Addict
    Feb 23, 2008
    Adams County
    I'm sorry for your loss. Try and get the military burial honors done for the funeral. They do a great job, and present you with a flag to remember him by, and to honor his service.

K.C.Dean

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Buds Creek
    I am very sorry for your loss. It is never easy when someone you truly love passes. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    I am sorry for your loss. I pray that you and your family come to terms with this knowing that he is going to a better place.

radial

Nov 23, 2011
    Boyds
    I'm sorry you lost your father. It's never easy, especially for a son. But you carry his legacy. His genes and the influence of his fatherhood on the kind of man you turned out to be. That kind of makes you the vessel of his immortality. Pass it forward if you can.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    I'm so very sorry for your loss. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

I buried my own Dad last week at Arlington. He passed in June. Not a day goes by that I don't think of him and wish I could give him a ring or drop by to see him.

The only thing that really helps...when I think I need to talk to him about anything...is that I can kind of have the conversation anyhow because I know him well enough to be confident of what he would say. It don't fill the hole but it certainly helps blunt the pain of loss.

Don't hesitate to continue to reach out during this time of loss...friends and family provide a great deal of comfort. God be with you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom