• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CAS_Shooter

Jan 24, 2012
    Got my letter today, as well. Unfortunately, while Legg provided the state with the only good and substantial reason that should be needed, the appeals court decided the 2nd amendment was not applicable to the citizens of Maryland. I would love to respond with G&S, but I do not have a business and I have not received documented death threats recently, so I am sure that my good and substantial reason to assure my safety and the safety of my family would fall on deaf ears.

The only consolation is that, also in today's mail, I received my C&R FFL. I would have rather had the permit, but I take my positives when I can get them.

Big Dog

Dec 16, 2012
    North East
    I received mine today as well. This is troubling in many ways but also in that they held them during appeal to 4th Circuit but will not hold them for the en banc appeal and the appeal to SCOTUS, both of which will likely happen. If they deny us then we have to admit on any other application we have been denied. If this is overturned then will we have to pay again and reapply? I would like the denial letter to say that the only reason we were denied is the G&S and without that requirement we are fully able to carry.

I wonder how the liberals in this state would react if a woman had to show G&S reason before she could get an abortion and had to pay a fee to have her medical records checked to verify...

Has MSI provided any guidance on how to proceed? I know this attorney is looking for people who were denied.

http://www.ammoland.com/2010/07/denied-a-md-firearms-carry-permit/#axzz2T0fIIhVt

hogrider

Jan 23, 2013
    IMO, this is being done in retribution, because MSI filed a lawsuit against the MSP.

Instead of the MSP taking care of regulated paperwork, now they are spending their

time returning carry applications.

Actions have consequences.

Big Dog

Dec 16, 2012
    North East
    Perhaps along with the Bill of Rights we should send a copy of The Declaration of Rights from the Maryland Constitution. It clearly states that the US Constitution shall be the Supreme Law of the State.

Art. 2. The Constitution of the United States, and the Laws made, or which shall be made, in pursuance thereof, and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, are, and shall be the Supreme Law of the State; and the Judges of this State, and all the People of this State, are, and shall be bound thereby; anything in the Constitution or Law of this State to the contrary notwithstanding.

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    Sgt Preston here...

So let me see if I have the timetable right..?

First MSI sues the Md State Police over late approvals...

Then almost immediately, the "denials" start show up in our mailboxes..?

Hmmmm, I wonder if there is a hidden message somewhere..?

Nah it couldn't be, it must be just a coincidence...

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Sgt Preston here...

So let me see if I have the timetable right..?

First MSI sues the Md State Police over late approvals...

Then almost immediately, the "denials" start show up in our mailboxes..?

Hmmmm, I wonder if there is a hidden message somewhere..?

Nah it couldn't be, it must be just a coincidence...
    Lawsuit filed just yesterday. Who knows if they knew in advance. We live in interesting times.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Just got mine too. I'm am gonna send a picture of my kids and state that is substantial enough and request the board.

Please do. And point out in all sincerity that it's for the children. Also please add that they are worth more than money, then ask them if they feel the same about their children. If I had one in the system, I would. Am curious how they respond. Then I know what I would do next...

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    Lawsuit filed just yesterday. Who knows if they knew in advance. We live in interesting times.

Teratos, my guess is that they DID find out in advance that it was in the works & MOM was pissed...

It's a poker play, "I've seen what you have" & (now since I hold all the cards) "I'll call"...

hogrider

Jan 23, 2013

These rejection letters were already written, and then it took about 10 minutes

to date all 350 of them.

Just wait and watch...

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    CA4 denied an en banc rehearing...IL is squeezed into a box facing impass (and non permitted carry) or appeal to SCOTUS.

I'm not shocked by this choice from the state at all. I say, let them deny y'all and then with Moore and perhaps a Woollard GVR'd in hand, bring another suit with damages (because you now have them).

Bone headed move by the state.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Everyone should appeal to the review board. They have to hear it in 30 days. Overwhelm them.

hogrider

Jan 23, 2013
    Ya think MSI will do two lawsuits at the same time...

I highly doubt it...

maybe the NRA or Gura or SAF will take it

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    was there an appeal made to the 4th court decision? If not, I would say MSP is just complying with that ruling. I don't like the courts decision, but am not seeing where MSP is to blame here. Maybe I am missing something?
    As for the fees, I recall that they were up front about not refunding the money. We may not like it, but knew that would be the case.
    Don't get me wrong - I am not happy to see this happening...

Last edited:

hogrider

Jan 23, 2013
    Everyone should appeal to the review board. They have to hear it in 30 days. Overwhelm them.

I am right there with you...but can we wait a few days to see how many of the 350 or so are returned...

if they are only doing a dozen or so every couple of weeks, appealing en mass won't have the desired impact of overwhelming them

Patrick...please chime in any time you want...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom