MSP being ridiculous about my CCW app: Appeal Sent In!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Those who have followed my adventure in receiving my wear and carry permit (click) know what I had to deal with and the resistance I met at every turn. Well, I have the permit, but it is restricted to while "conducting business activities as a Licensed Real Estate Agent".

This is especially vague for a person like myself. I am, for lack of better terms, "on call" all the time. Even while vacationing I do business on my phone, visit local real estate offices to fax and email things and communicate with my clients. The restriction on my permit puts me in a very vulnerable state. I am a very public person and to some extent a public figure. The public does not know that I am or am not working when they see me out and about.

As of June 1st, I mailed my request for an appeal based on my restriction. I feel as though that my trustworthiness does not vanish when I am not conducting specific business tasks and that the public, and especially someone who aims to do me harm, has no clue as to what I am doing when I am spotted going in and out of homes, in and out of my office, in and out of my house and in and out of stores. I aim to have my restriction removed to afford me the best opportunity to preserve my health and safety.

I mailed the letter on June 1st, the MSP received it on June 3rd. I have subsequently phoned the HPRB admin to find out how much of a backlog there is and was told cases are currently being heard from February. This puts my case in a possible timeframe of October to be heard. I will keep you all posted and hopefully keep the progress moving along with the rest of the determined members and citizens fighting for us all.

JasonB

Ultimate Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Belcamp
    Thanks for keeping us posted! I completely agree with your reasoning. Does the MSP think you become a scumbag as soon as you lock up or something? Either you're responsible or you're not.

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    Awesome post and I hope you get satisfaction. OTOH, I'd kill (nice pun, eh) for your restrictions. Mine are so much more limited, I haven't carried at all. Not worth the risk. Coming up for renewal and I'm not sure I'm even going to bother.

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck
    Please forgive my ignorance. In your op you said the review board is still working on appeals from February? Yet in the threads for the recent HPRB hearings/meetings/whatever-they-call-them-to-skirt-open-meeting-laws, there were 5 cases heard and then 2 cases heard and they decided to forego another meeting they could have scheduled? Why such a small workload seeing there is a four month backlog? It seems like the slow-roll to me, hoping that people just give up.

I wish you the best of luck and hope that logic will prevail in your case.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    On what basis do you consider yourself a 'public figure'? Not a hostile question.

Being that I advertise quite a bit, am very public about my business and am very involved in my community. My phone number is all over the internet and my ads and my face is on them too.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Please forgive my ignorance. In your op you said the review board is still working on appeals from February? Yet in the threads for the recent HPRB hearings/meetings/whatever-they-call-them-to-skirt-open-meeting-laws, there were 5 cases heard and then 2 cases heard and they decided to forego another meeting they could have scheduled? Why such a small workload seeing there is a four month backlog? It seems like the slow-roll to me, hoping that people just give up.

I wish you the best of luck and hope that logic will prevail in your case.

Correct. I do not know why they are not handling more. Could be there cannot handle more than what they are, but I do not know.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Cherry-picking "easy to deal with" appeals? I wonder who sets their agenda.

There is much to be learned, I surmise.

I am not sure. Being that things are not as transparent as they should be, we cannot know. I honestly think they address cases as they become prepared for them. As they receive appeals and can gather info, they address them. I was told they just receive appeals and hear them with no prep as to what they pertain to and case law or situational info other than what is in the file, but I have has this contradicted also.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom